Youtube device support issue
Hey,

This is my first post....so forgive me if i post in the wrong section or if I'm missing information.

I have searched this forum for a few days now in regards to an issue I'm having with YouTube, but i cannot seem to find anything to resolve my issue.

The issue I'm having on a MINIX Neo X8-H Plus is with some addon's such as "Al-Jadeed Programs", "Laura in the Kitchen" and a few others. When i go in to these addon's, all of the videos have disappeared and i get a notice video from YouTube saying my device is no longer compatible after they have upgraded the YouTube Data API.

If someone could guide me to a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

I have posted this question on a different forum, and got lots of help and direction, but everything they suggested did not solve my issue.

The things i have tried already are as follows :

Uninstalled YouTube (by The Collective)
Installed YouTube (by Bromix)
Signed in with no problems using a second PC and authorizing twice.
deleted any cached files on the MINIX
removed all traces of XBMC Gotham and reset MINIX back to factory

All of these action did not resolve the issue with the addons mentioned above not showing video files.

any new suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
uninstall old addon, restart kodi, install new addon.
did that when i reset the MINIX back to factory
Please continue here => YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix

Also provide a debug log (wiki) while you try to do your thing...this isn't helping Smile the log please via pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com - maybe we see what is causing this.
I think he is talking about the old addons for Youtube channels (such as NBA, Laura in the Kitchen...) that were made by xbmchub coders. Those plugins don't work any longer because of the API v2 shutdown.
that's exactly what I'm talking about..... sorry i wasn't clear about my issue in the first post.

So if this is the case.....will these addon's get fixed or will i just have to go through the YouTube addon to view these channels.
They probably won't get fixed. You can use the YouTube addon or Youtube Channels addon
They will be fixed shortly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube device support issue1