Movie stops at random times.
Hi guys i am having am issue since upgrading to Kodi. Now i have tried a fresh install with the profile folder deleted etc. I stream my movies through my nas connected through the local network. Movies stop at random times usually about an hour or so in. It is completely random. Anybody have any idea?
no, because you missed to provide a Debug Log while this happens
The debug log is massive should i post the whole thing?
To keep it clean:

1. reboot/restart Kodi
2. disable all PVR and EPG related things (if you use them)
3. disable "update library at startup"
4. enable debug logging in system settings->system->debug logging->enable debug logging
5. reboot/restart again
6. reproduce your issue as fast as you can (don't do anything else
7. grab the log

if it is still massive..yes paste the whole thing. But not here in forums. Use a pastebin site like:

http://pastebin.com/

copy and paste the text there, click on submit and provide the link to that paste
Right will do! Thank you
Here is the link!

http://pastebin.com/QiRGtRBK

So to not confuse you my pc's name is 'XBMC'.

I am also getting this wierd thing when i exit a movie or stop it Kodi will sometimes give a black screen and my tv says no signal. I have to cycle through hdmi inputs until i get to it and then i need to alt f4 anyway to get to the windows screen.

Thanks for the help!
Going through the log there are a multitude of errors, any one of which will bring the software house of cards down. Seems you might have some sort of device/remote that has issues, then the audio section doesn't seem to be set-up properly and then a whole gaggle of add-ons are not releasing. I doubt any of the devs will want to pick through that mess without a bit of a clean-up and back to basics mentality. Your issue might have been a local add-on/plugin that is no longer comparable with the present build or something a bit harder to diagnose.

The first action I would do is; disable most of your plugins and see if you find any joy (turn them back on one by one) . Next would be to set-up a problem video with a local source and see if you can see an issue. If your local file plays without issues, then your NAS network is the next prime suspect, if it craps out, then the file is suspect.

Personally I would just rename your build and start fresh and add the needed material, with an eye of determining where the issue is as you start installing stuff. My thoughts are here troubleshooting (wiki)
Do you suggest a fresh install of windows?
Quote:Do you suggest a fresh install of windows?

No.

just rename your "Kodi" folder under %appdata% to "kodi-bak" for example and remove the mouse/joystick/whatever you use which brings this error:

Quote:18:58:51 T:2688 INFO: Loading special://xbmc/system/keymaps/joystick.Logitech.RumblePad.2.xml
18:58:51 T:2688 ERROR: Error reading joystick map element, Invalid id: 0

And don't install any addon please at this stage!!

By renaming your Kodi folder you will do a factory reset (it's like a fresh Kodi installation...no addons, no settings). But don't be scared...as you renamed it, you have a backup. So you can re-rename it whenever you like and all settings and addons are back again. Even maybe with the issue.

So after you renamed your Kodi folder, put a file (movie for example) on your local machine and play this and look if you get the same issue. If you get the issue, grab a new log. If you don't get the issue, try to play back the same file from your NAS and see if you will an issue then...if yes...logfile Wink.

You have to do diagnose this step-by-step to locate which issue you have.
Ok so i have deleted the whole profiles folder under appdata, re installed and so far so good.
Well it is still happening.... it might be something to do with the nas as when the movie stop and i resume it has to fire up the nas again. I will do another debug log.
I've just had a similar problem on my machine..... I tried playing the file from the nas in a different player and it reported "read error" - I tried copying then file off the nas to local and again, windows reported a read error.... Harddisk is being replaced ASAP! - perhaps run a disk check on your nas?
is it happening at random times like my issue?
Ok guys here is the latest log. It took about 4 hours or so for it to occur this time round.

Thanks for the help!

http://pastebin.com/TMZzYByG
15:48:49 T:1044 ERROR: CAESinkDirectSound::Initialize: Failed to create the default DirectSound device with error DSERR_NODRIVER.

This sound bad

15:49:02 T:1960 ERROR: CWinSystemWin32::ChangeResolution : ChangeDisplaySettingsEx failed with -2

Don't know for sure if this ^^ might be important, too....everyting != 0 is an error.

If you are using directsound....have you tried using WASAPI? Sorry...I can't tell more...not very familiar with logfiles on windows

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie stops at random times.0