"Invalid argument" when accessing folders via SMB
Hi,

I'm having some issues accessing some folders within a share.

The setup is the following: there is a PC that has a couple of "Sharkoon RAID boxes" attached. The PC is running Windows 8.1.
The PC has a C:\ drive (SSD) and a folder in there called "NAS".

The USB boxes are then linked to subfolders in C:\NAS, eg C:\NAS\New is one box and C:\NAS\Old is another box.

Now I can successfully connect to C:\ via SMB and also to C:\NAS, actually I use smb://10.0.0.3/C/NAS as SMB connection (also using username and password).
Then I can see in iOS Kodi the folders "New" and "Old". Now I can enter the folder "New" and everything works. But when I try to access folder "Old" I get "Invalid argument".

This is with an iPad Air 2. I also tried this on my FireTV box using the Android Kodi version and it is the exact same thing there -> "Invalid argument". However if I try it using Windows Kodi (on a different Windows 8.1 machine) then it all works without issue, ie I can also access the "Old" folder/USB box from the Winodws Kodi.

I have searched around in the forum and found a few more people also having the issue, but it doesn't seem anyone ever found a solution.
I am not sure what I could do, I could try to rename the folders but as "New" and "Old" pretty much seem the same from a technical perspective I wouldn't know how. Also the user I am using certainly has the rights for all these drives/folders, and as it's even using the same share I can't imagine how this could be an issue (it must be the same rights from the share perspective as it's the same share and I am 100% sure the user has full access rights on all drives in NTFS also as the user is a local admin on the machine).

Is there any solution for this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Invalid argument" when accessing folders via SMB0