What features are supported?
So I'm about to rebuild my media server and having used mediaportal as a backend for a while I'm wondering how the other options fair.

Could anyone tell me if nextpvr supports the following (when used with kodi);

Series record?
Edl/Comskip support when playing back recordings?
Server side/hosted channel icons?
A 'heartbeat' so that tuners are not locked if kodi crashes?
Any LCDSmartie (or any LCD prog) integration to display current recording etc..?

Many thanks!
(2015-05-19, 21:38)Swifty Wrote: Series record?
Server side/hosted channel icons?
A 'heartbeat' so that tuners are not locked if kodi crashes?
Yes to all the above.

Quote:Edl/Comskip support when playing back recordings?
NextPVR has support for it, but Kodi doesn't currently ask for the edl info when playing over http. Hopefully the Kodi guys will fix that in a future build.

Quote:Any LCDSmartie (or any LCD prog) integration to display current recording etc..?
I'm not sure on this one. I've never used on of these myself. There is nothing built-in for this, but I think some people have rolled their own support for these in the past.
Cool thanks for the quick reply.
With regards to series record - how intelligent is it?
I tried it with kodi/mediaportal and it would always record random programs that aired the same time as my selected program (if for some reason the program wasnt on at its usual time).
Does nextpvr use some sort of intelligence to match show name and other criteria?
It's pretty intelligent, but it does depend on how good your EPG source is. It's not going to record the wrong shows, unless your EPG is wrong .

In general series recordings are based on show name matches in the EPG. Some EPG sources are better than others, and have additional information like unique show identifiers, season and episode numbers etc, and NextPVR is able to use that info to ensure it doesn't record duplicates etc, and to give better filenames etc. If you don't have this type of info available, then it'll do the best it can with what you give it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What features are supported?0