v14 Kodi restarts anytime I press a key on the keyboard
Kodi started doing this one day after it woke up from a suspend state, I will note that mouse navigation works fine and my system is using a PS\2 mouse and keyboard I found that the keyboard.xml file had been deleted, so I replaced it with a backup, but the problem still persists, it only occurs in Kodi. I am running:

Kodibuntu 14
Kodi 14.2 Git: 7cc53a9 (Compiled: Mar 27 2015)

2.6 Ghz Core 2 Duo
4GB DDR2 RAM
1GB Nvidia Geforce 210 Driver version 331.113
SB Audigy 2 ZX sound card with Boston BA735 Speakers
Gigabit 1000/100/10 LAN Card
HP P5LP-LE Mobo
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
sorry I wasnt able to respond quickly, had to leave town for a while yesterday

dmesg | pastebinit

after you started kodi. From the log your sound hw / kernel is fully broken. It's not even possible to write 1 Byte data to the sound card.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
that's weird, I guess I should probably reinstall then, unless there is a quick way to recover from this error, as VLC player works it means that the sound hardware is good
Try OpenELEC from usb stick. If that works, it's something with your installation.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi restarts anytime I press a key on the keyboard0