Thumbnail Cleaner and Limiting Cached Image Sizes
Hi all,

I've been reading a bit about the two topics and require some guidance and assistance.

1. Is there an add-on or anything I can run FROM Kodi and not Android which can delete thumbnails which haven't been used from a certain time period (for eg, anything older than 3 mths)? I know there's a python script which can be run from Android, but was wondering if there's something I can simply run direct from Kodi.

2. I want to clarify this from the Kodi page...are these the default values which Kodi uses when storing all thumbs and fan art?

<advancedsettings>
<imageres>720</imageres>
<fanartres>1080</fanartres>
</advancedsettings>

If so, what values can I safely bring these down to which will not impact usage (specifically with size), I don't mind bringing the resolution quality down bc it wont be too noticeable as long as the image sizes remain in tact so nothing is non-formatted.

Thanks all!
It depends on how your skin displays things. For example, are there any views in your skin that display a movie poster at the full length of the screen? Movie posters are covered under imageres, and 720 is typically okay even for a 1080 screen, but less 720 that will eventually start to show if the poster is shown full screen. The default skin, Confluence, almost never shows posters or thumbnails at full screen, so you could probably go a lot lower than 720 before you ever notice a difference.
Hey Ned,

I'm actually running the Confluence CCM skin currently and I haven't touched any settings related to fan art, posters, etc so it's the default.

I want to decrease the size of all thumbnails. What value do you suggest I should set the imageres variable to in order to achieve this without any negative impact? Is 720 the default, bc I noticed it mentioned this value in the wiki but I wasn't sure if that was the recommended setting to reduce the thumb sizes or if it's the default kodi setting.

Thanks!
720 is the default for nearly anything that isn't a background/wallpaper like image, which is then considered fanart.

Offhand, I don't know. I would just start experimenting around by opening up a movie poster on my desktop computer, shrinking it down, and seeing how that looked when it was re-expanded on a TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail Cleaner and Limiting Cached Image Sizes0