Going from an old install to a new install.
It's time to replace my hdd with a ssd. What do I need to do or copy on to a flash drive for the new install so I do not have to scan all my movies and TV shows back in. The last time it took over 24 hours and everything is saved to local drives. I will upgrade to 15.0 from 14.2 on the new ssd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you plan to give your PC the same name, you can copy everything from your addon folder and everything in your userdata folder except for textures13.db and your thumbnails. When you get your new system installed, recreate your folder structure for sources, install Kodi, run Kodi one time and close it. Navigate to your Kodi folder http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata_folder and overwrite everything with your old info. When you open Kodi back up, it should take about 10 minutes to completely rebuild your thumbnail cache.

A lot of people will advise not to do this, but I've been doing it since Frodo. As long as your username/folder/structure remains the same, Kodi will recognize it and your database will remain in tact.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Going from an old install to a new install.0