3D-Bluray lossless: which format for KODI?
(2015-08-12, 13:50)Dave the Minion Wrote: Thank you for your attempt to help, but no, you've not made anything clear.

Save yourself some support pain... Ignore customization using advancedsettings.xml and just provide your friends and family built-in filenaming examples per the wiki:
moviename (year).3d.hsbs.mkv
moviename 3d sbs.mkv
moviename.3D-HTAB.mkv
moviename-3D.sbs-720p.mkv

And I would even make it easier for them by providing specific examples, such as:
Jurassic World.3d.sbs.mkv
Thank you for your suggestion, Doug. I played around with the advanced settings but since I need both a 3D flag PLUS a type flag, I ended up with only a slightly modded version of the original code. Kind of sucks to muck up a great file system with almost useless info but it does work. Now hopefully native 3D support makes it into the much more powerful HTPC version of Kodi sooner than later.
I just bought a pi to use for 3D.

I stored my MVC rips as m2ts files for a few reasons. When I try to play on of them I dont get any video - the selecting the file stays in the library menu, but i get audio. if i exit out to the home screen i can still hear audio but the background is blank.

Any thoughts? I can re-rip them or mux them to mkv files. I chose m2ts for Plex on my Samsung tv, but now that i have a projector most watching will be on there.
(2015-11-06, 15:14)pittsoccer33 Wrote: I just bought a pi to use for 3D.

I stored my MVC rips as m2ts files for a few reasons. When I try to play on of them I dont get any video - the selecting the file stays in the library menu, but i get audio. if i exit out to the home screen i can still hear audio but the background is blank.

Any thoughts? I can re-rip them or mux them to mkv files. I chose m2ts for Plex on my Samsung tv, but now that i have a projector most watching will be on there.

Remuxing to mkv should work. I believe in m2ts the second eye is stored as a second video stream, so there's currently no way to get both eye views from ffmpeg, so this is unlikely to be supported anytime soon.
(2015-11-06, 15:40)popcornmix Wrote: Remuxing to mkv should work. I believe in m2ts the second eye is stored as a second video stream, so there's currently no way to get both eye views from ffmpeg, so this is unlikely to be supported anytime soon.

I couldn't simply remux from M2TS to MKV, because MKVMerge doesn't support that functionality, but I was able to use my discs and also to use TSMuxer to create ISOs, which I could then run thru MakeMKV. That allowed me to do two at a time (one physical disc and one M2TS file).

Renaming the files with the tags suggested allowed it to work automatically, which was much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D-Bluray lossless: which format for KODI?1