3D-Bluray lossless: which format for KODI?
@nickr

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean Multiview_Count: 2 meaning 3d stream in mediainfo?
cU

xbmc4me
yeah, my sample file actually produces 2 lines which indicate 3d

Format profile : Stereo [email protected] / [email protected]
MultiView_Count : 2
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Personally i rather have a player that uses an external player than can do every 3d format, than having a player which needs a specific format, to be able to play the 3d.
So in short, rather an external player, than to need to rerip/mux the movie into a specific format (if you have a lot of 3d movies, it takes MUCH time)
it should just play any format...
Yes but that wasn't the question was it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr

You're right, that was not the question but to "identify" 3d in a mkv file. Thanks.

@Shank

Thanks anyway for your reply. I use Pi/Kodi for playing video. At the moment stable kodi is not supporting lossless 3D encapsulated in mkv.
cU

xbmc4me
Hi Smile
I was wondering if anyone could help me installing the "best" kodi build for playing 3d mvc files. I saw an-anda's post, so i was hoping anyone could help specify how to install Smile
1. get rpi2
2. install openelec 5.0.8
3. download a recent build from this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224025
4. that will be a tar file. copy it to the /storage/.update/ and reboot.
Hello,

I am digging into Kodi for Rpi2 as it now have the features I really have been looking forward too. The DTS HD and True HD bitstreaming works very well now. I am however struggeling with getting 3D MVC files in a MKV container to play properly. The MKV files are ok and media info report two multi views and are created from MakeMKV.

The version i have installed is OpenElec 5.95.1, i.e. the Beta 1 release with a build date in May May 7. Above it says that the file should be named .3D.SBS and within the video/acceleration settings one should enable MVC support. In the version I have installed this option is not there. The option i find is for example OMX acceleration and some others.

When I play the files Kodi playes the two views in a SBS mode as indicated by the file name.

Is the beta build too old? I can see other mention this far back in March so i thought this build would contain this feature. Am i missing somehing as I installed usng the disk image of this version directly rather than using the above suggested update procedure.

BR
Adeban
Yes you need a newer version from the Milhouse thread. Like it says in my post immediately above yours.
Ok,

Tried it now and it works like a charm. Damn this is good. Even the subtitles are presented in 3d even though they are a bit blurry/double if the depth is set to more than 3 or so. Not sure how that could be improved.

Donation incoming and thumbs up for the work.
Cheers
Reading through this thread to see if the Pi2 is a solution for me and I have a question. I've never used a Pi before so apologies if this has been covered.

I've ripped MVC files from 3D Blu-rays as I always keep the best quality possible. These are not side-by-side converts. Do you still need to put SBS in the filename to trigger Kodi?

Thanks!
(2015-06-30, 19:05)Dave the Minion Wrote: I've ripped MVC files from 3D Blu-rays as I always keep the best quality possible. These are not side-by-side converts. Do you still need to put SBS in the filename to trigger Kodi?

Yes, the files need to be names with a valid 3D naming convention. .3D.SBS. in filename would be fine.
Or you can set the 3D type when playing the video in the video OSD.
(2015-06-30, 19:12)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 19:05)Dave the Minion Wrote: I've ripped MVC files from 3D Blu-rays as I always keep the best quality possible. These are not side-by-side converts. Do you still need to put SBS in the filename to trigger Kodi?

Yes, the files need to be names with a valid 3D naming convention. .3D.SBS. in filename would be fine.
Or you can set the 3D type when playing the video in the video OSD.

Pardon my confusion, but is that the only naming convention you can use? Just 3D or anything else won't work?
Anything from http://kodi.wiki/view/3D should work. Doesn't really matter if you say SBS or TAB - the video will be full frame.
(2015-06-30, 21:48)popcornmix Wrote: Anything from http://kodi.wiki/view/3D should work. Doesn't really matter if you say SBS or TAB - the video will be full frame.

Appreciate the link. While reading through the video file names section it says "You can customize these regular expressions through the Advancedsettings.xml file.". What exactly does this mean? Can I make my own name tag the Kodi will recognize as 3D?

The reason for so many questions is I'm considering using the Pi for a few different set-ups for friends and family who aren't very tech savy so making things as simple as possible for them to understand will make their ability to add some new movies on their own much much easier.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D-Bluray lossless: which format for KODI?1