Thanks to the XBox Community
Hi all.

I'd just like to post a note of thanks to all the XBox community out there for what, for me, has been a really fun few weeks tinkering about with xbox's and such.

The Story:
About 6 weeks ago a friend and I were chatting about media extenders and how expensive commercial offerings were. I explained that I fancied trying one out, but didnt want to invest too much cash incase it wasn't very good or I didnt end up using it much. He pointed me in the direction of XBMC.

The rest, as they say, is history.

I now have 4 TSOP flashed xboxes. Two (lounge and bedroom) running XBMC. Two running Xebian Linux (with 320Gb disks and LAN/HDD LEDs) as fileservers for the XBMCs and my other PCs, one backing up the other using rsync/ssh. The two XBMCs use the wonderful MyTV (Radio Times EGP) script to command my Nedula DigiTV box on the PC to record TV, which can then be viewed in either location. The backup Xebian server running Torrentflux for my bittorrent action.

They're simple enough in operation so that my wife and 5 year old daughter can use them. My wife is forever showing the setup off to her friends. She loves not having to go upstairs to the PC to view our photos. Browsing our music collection and my daughters cartoons is a joy. It's changed our media viewing habbits forever.

So, enough rambling. I'd just like to thank (sorry if I've missed anyone):

ebay sellers for the hardware
xbox-scene for the hardware and flashing help
XBMC for .. well .. XBMC
BigBellyBilly for myTV
TorrentFlux
Tom's Networking - How To: Convert your Xbox to a NAS Guide

Well, thats about it. Too many words just really to say thanks to you all out there that make these things posible.

Cheers
Jamie
appreciated glad u enjoy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thanks to the XBox Community0