BUG - Music playlist files incorrectly handled
Hi,

I just joined to post this report.

Extended M3U music playlists on NAS accessed via Kore are not displayed properly and are also not in the correct order.

Setup: Latest Kore on Android 5.1.1 connecting to R-Pi OpenElec/Kodi 5.0.8 with NFS mount to Synology NAS

This looks very much like a bug, but may also extend into a feature request depending on how you view things.
I say "BUG", because this is handled correctly on Kodi when accessed via the screen and keyboard, namely, the playlist contents are fully displayed on screen and in the order defined by the playlist file.

Details:
When accessed (via an NFS mount previously configured in Kodi), the playlist file is obviously read and interpreted successfully, thus indicating playlist handling functionality. But only the duration information is displayed and the Artist and Track information are blank. The tiled list appears to be sorted in alphabetical order (left to right) rather than the order defined by the playlist, which rather defeats the purpose of the list. IMHO, the default order should be the list order, with possibly the option to re-sort by some other criteria (new feature). Each entry can be played, which is when you find out what it is!
As it "nearly works", I'm guessing it is supposed to work, but has a slight bug somewhere.
More info on request, if required.

Otherwise a nice slick easy to use App which does all I need, and preferred over the current competition (of those I tried) which also do not quite handle this case fully or even at all.

Many thanks for your attention and/or feedback.
From which screen are you starting the playlist? From the files section in Kore?

And where are you seeing the incorrect sort? In Kodi or in Kore? If in Kore in which screen and is it different from what appears in Kodi?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=225370 Smile

Maybe official will help to have someone look.
Thanks for getting back, syncd. And the link from Tolriq too - I can't judge if it's relevant though !!

I am accessing the playlist file from the File Browser of Kore. In Kodi, everything seems to work fine, so "yes", it's different.

Details:
I have a large number of simple short extended M3U playlists in a sub-directory of the main music directory on a NAS. These were created outside Kodi or Kore and function well in, eg. Banshee (on my PC).

In Kodi (using an attached keyboard and screen), I have added an NFS mounted directory:
Kodi -> Music -> Files -> Add music -> Browse for NFS -> Name & Save
The playlists are in a subdirectory on the NFS share along with all the music files (in other sub-directories).
If I browse to a playlist in Kodi and open it, the list is fully and correctly displayed. The default view is "Sort by: Playlist" "Ascending". ie. the playlist is displayed as per the order within the file and can be played successfully.
If I start Kore after starting the playlist from Kodi, Kore displays the playlist with full details and in the correct order. As you would expect.

Whereas in Kore, if I browse to the playlist and open it, it is not displayed properly (only the song duration is displayed), and is in the "wrong" order, with no way to sort it. "Wrong" being, "not as defined within the playlist file". Individual songs or all in the order displayed will play successfully. Then I can see the song details, but only individually as they are played.
Kore -> Menu -> Files (file browser) -> Music -> NFS share -> playlist directory (displays all playlist files) -> Open a playlist
Gives output as in this screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/EOySPOd.png
The last song shown (duration 14:18) should be first. It seems to be sorted alphabetically (invisibly) by songname.

I hope that helps and thanks.
Ok, thanks for the info. I guess the display of playlists can be improved, though the sort issue will probably persist, as it is in Kodi according to the post Tolriq mentioned.
@syncd: Many thanks for the feedback. Let's hope it all gets fixed sometime

@Tolriq: I had a look at Yatse and I see that I can browse to a playlist, which is displayed fully, and can be sorted various ways (nice), including the track number (therefore the ID3 tags in the music file must be being accessed). It seems tantalisingly close if only you could have a "play from here" feature ("here" being song 1 in the list, or from any place in the list), but maybe that bumps into the bug you referenced above. Kodi offers a "play all/from here" feature. I think Kore does too, but again, maybe the order cannot be maintainedHuh
Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BUG - Music playlist files incorrectly handled0