What are the arguments against dropping mouse support in Kodi?
Disabling the mouse in Kodi is always the first thing I do after a new installation.
I've always wondered which use cases there are where people actually prefer using a mouse.
I can imagine things would be easier for skinners and certain skins would look better if there was no mouse support in Kodi.

So my question to those that use a mouse in Kodi - why? Blush
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
using kodi on a desktop would be pretty strange without mouse support.
I frankly don't see why one would need to even disable the mouse. If I don't touch the mouse, then it doesn't appear and it's irrelevant to the equation and the mouse is there if I do need it for whatever reason that is. o.o
It's mouse and touch screen support, which needs to be enabled by default since it could be a touch screen device.
I use a wireless mouse. I find it a lot more convenient than a traditional remote.
I always leave support enabled as well, but that's because on boxes where I'm not doing testing work, there isn't a mouse connected, and on boxes where I am doing testing work, the mouse is handy.
Wireless mouse from the desktop to the couch to the bed and it's just faster.
some men just like to watch the world burn
I never use a mouse for Kodi. I tried a few remotes but found the functionality to be limited. Now I use Logitech K400 wireless keyboard and mouse combination on all HTPCs.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
proud Nyxboard user (RF remote with keyboard) and more than happy with it. Using a mouse on the TV is a absolute no-go, that's also why anything Android or air-mouse (except for the new Android-TV) is a absolute no-go and a crime to mankind.
mouse faster? - I just cannot believe that one Rofl
(2015-05-21, 10:30)tripkip Wrote: mouse faster? - I just cannot believe that one Rofl

Me Neither Big Grin
To be fair, while I think using a mouse with Kodi is typically "madness", I think this way because of how most skins are made. It's not really that Kodi itself shouldn't support mice. I have no problem with trying to support all sorts of input devices. I just don't like it when people think Kodi is defective when they see the mouse behaving weirdly in a skin that was made for a remote control.
People are different with different preferences. Those who do not use the mouse can disable it in Kodi. I do not get the point of this whole topic to be honest.

Just because I do not use the weather, pictures, music and programs part or skins besides Confluence I would not suggest to kill those customization features...
(2015-05-21, 13:18)a11599 Wrote: People are different with different preferences. Those who do not use the mouse can disable it in Kodi. I do not get the point of this whole topic to be honest.

Just because I do not use the weather, pictures, music and programs part or skins besides Confluence I would not suggest to kill those customization features...

Well, I started this thread out of curiosity to hear from fellow users when/where and why they use a mouse to control Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are the arguments against dropping mouse support in Kodi?0