OS X kodi mavericks entertain iptv issues
Hi there,

i need a solution for following problem:
I installed Kodi on Mavericks and want to use the entertain Iptv (rtp stream).
But the stream stops after about 2 min. If i switch to another channel, the picture is scrambled, green, grey, etc.
If i use VLC with the playlist it runs fine with no problems.
I checked it also on Snow Leopard with the same settings in Kodi and it runs with no Problems.
So it must have to do something in Mavericks, also tested it on Mountain Lion with the same bad result.
I checked it also on different Macs, the same problem appears. On Snow Leopard all is good, on ML or Mavericks the stream breaks.
All the different Cache Settings didn´t help.
Do i need a special patch for a library or what?

It feels really strange for me.

Hope somebody can help me.

regards
What version of Kodi did you use. Post a debug log (wiki) for when the errors appear.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

thank you for your reply.
I tried xbmc 13.2, Kodi 14.2 Helix on all systems.
Same behavior,...

Here is the Log:

http://pastebin.com/5MY7fJSP

Hope it is the right one and you can help.

regards
Looks like ffmpeg has a lot of problems with those streams. Could you try the latest nightly build from here:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/osx/x86_64/

I think those have updated ffmpeg and also improvements for vda hardware decoding which might help your problem.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok, so i tried also with the nighty build.
Same problem occurs,....
It is strange, because if i try it on Snow Leopard with the same settings it runs totally smooth.
There must be something different in the OSX from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion, Mavericks.
I also disabled the Firewall in OSX, with no luck.
Is it possible that there some libs, frameworks handle the streaming in a different way?
Kernel problem?

All other streaming, mkv, avi, or http streaming files are good.

regards
Everything we need for streaming is packaged within the Kodi.app (for not relying on too much stuff from the operating system). Do you use WiFi by any chance? Try to disable hardware acceleration in settings->video->acceleration and see if the problem changes.
Puhh, i did a lot of testing now.
Tried also your tips with no success.

Another thing i figured out to disable the ipv6 in the network settings.
I did also tested it now with kodi 14.2 with absolutely the same settings on following:
Macpro 3.1 8 core late 2008
4 Harddrives, 1. Snow Leopard, 2. Lion, 3. Mountain Lion, 4. Mavericks
All are on the latest updates and Kodi 14.2 Helix installed.
On Kodi nothing installed, only Telekom Entertain Addon.
First try on Snow Leopard: perfect stream, no breaks,no artefacts, everthing good!
Second try on Lion: runs for about 2 min. then the stream stops, click on another channel, picture is scambled, grey green, chaching starts ended with crashing the addon.
Third try Mountain Lion: absolutely same as In Lion
Fourth try Mavericks: absolutely same as in Lion and Mountain Lion. Sad(((((((((((((((((

It drives me crazy now...
I wanted build my Media Center with Kodi on an mac mini including entertain iptv...
It is also sad that i cant't downgrade the mac mini on snow leopard cause it is a late 2012.
Can somebody tell me what apple changed after snow leopard from Lion till Mavericks the rtp multicast streaming makes this behavior?
Another thing is that the VLC Player plays it without errors.
So my opinion is the combination Kodi and the newer Osx.
Can i change the player in Kodi?

May tomorrow i test sombody told me with the advanced.settings and minicache level.......
I don' t.....know
I think i am at the end of my ideas...now

Sorry i'm a little frustrated now with hours of testing.......

Oh, i forgot to say that i also tested on Mavericks all different versions , frodo, xbmc, kodi and the kodi 15 including the nighty build.
All with same bad result.
So i think something goes wrong in the osx system....

Regards
I can confirm this problem not only with Entertain but also with other RTP streams on my MacBook.

Any stream freezes after approximately 2 minutes. It seems to be a bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi mavericks entertain iptv issues0