Req Switch from Kodi-Volume to System-Volume
Hi, first of all congratulations for this incredible app!
I managed to map (keymap) different remotes I'm using (incl customizing the Unified Remote App) in order to control the System Volume (Windows 7) and 'disabling' the Kodi- Volume.
In this way all applications are controlled by the same Volume-Ctrl (System).
As far as I understood it's not possible to do this in the Kodi Remote by KeyMapping since you use JSon...
Is there any other way to accomplish this? E.g. by configuring if to call SetVolume (I think it's what is currently used) or sending a key? or mapping (inside Kodi) the Kodi-Vol to the system-vol in a way that will work also for your app?

If this requires a change I'm willing to make a donation Wink

Thanks again
I would also love to be able to control Windows system volume from within kodi instead of the program Kodi volume.

This is because I use both an Android app and a wifi remote to control kodi. The android app controls the program volume, while the wifi remote controls the system volume. This makes volume control rather complex.
You may try the latest Gizmoot UPnP remote . It's available for Android and apple. They were so kind to add a feature to disable volume control from the device (if needed).
In this case you will only control vol from your wifi remote (at least you wont mess up volume settings...).
I absolutely need to control system volume, because it is running on a multipurpose PC. I want it to work from yatse. I have found numerous scripts, but they seem to be compatible only with keyboard shortcuts.
Please add a checkbox for system/app volume, as it is done on many other media players.
(2015-09-11, 20:11)elektrinis Wrote: I absolutely need to control system volume, because it is running on a multipurpose PC. I want it to work from yatse. I have found numerous scripts, but they seem to be compatible only with keyboard shortcuts.
Please add a checkbox for system/app volume, as it is done on many other media players.

+1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch from Kodi-Volume to System-Volume0