Linux help download kodi with linux on my laptop !
Question 
I am on my asus laptop and need help on how to download kodi and which version to use it was easy from my android phone but I am so lost with linux PLEASE HELP ME !!!
It depends on which linux version you use. Also we need some more specs relating to your laptop. The GPU is most important.

If you are using ubuntu, then I would take a look at this step-by-step guide:

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

look at the point 1.1

Open a terminal and follow the steps mentioned there. Each line is one single command. So you have to enter (or copy and paste) the command, then press 'enter'....next line 'enter' and so on. You need each line...so be aware you do it from top to bottom, otherwise installation will fail.

Kodi will then be downloaded and installed by "sudo apt-get install kodi" and if you stay at: repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa you will get the latest stable version (14.2) of Kodi. But we won't go too far at this stage Wink

But first provide some more infos from your laptop, to see, if installation is generally possible. You can't install Kodi on a device without proper OpenGL support for the GPU. If your GPU has no Linux OpenGL drivers, the installation will fail, too.

Greetings
Welcome to forums.

It was the cry for help with all CAPS at the end that really did the trick. :p

Aside what David said, the best way for you to install Kodi on your laptop, if you don’t already have Linux installed, then its to download and use Kodibuntu (wiki).

Alternatively use OpenElec, which is even more indicated for people who fear Linux so much that they have to type in caps asking for help.

Both those options are are much simpler if you don’t already have Linux installed, but if you do, what David said then is faster if you can read, copy and paste and promise not to use caps ever again Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help download kodi with linux on my laptop !0