Idiot Proof Theme...lol
Hi,

I have just got myself a Raspberry Pi 2 for my dad. As he is useless with PCs etc I wanted to create a heavily simplified/stripped down Theme which will boot up straight into a particular Video Add on.

So far I have been messing around with the Confluence theme.
I have tried editing the Home.xml file to remove "Pictures" etc by deleting that part of the code but that just leaves me with a blank screen.
Luckily I made a backup of the entire skin.
Could I bypass the Home screen all together?

I would also like to be able to plug in a USB stick and be able to run Videos off there should he need it.

Any thoughts / ideas?

Regards,

Nav
Install CCM Helix (Confluence Custom Mod) and simplify the theme as much as you want from within the skin settings - much easier: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212898 Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
hi, sorry for the late reply. I was expecting an email notification that someone has replied :/

Would this allow me to get Kodi to launch directly into a video add on? and also remove most of the settings aswell? except for video and audio?

I literally want the skin just to view the video add on feeds, thats it.

ill give that skin a try and see what I can come up with in the mean time Smile
well i tried that skin, i had to update Kodi though.
Unfortunately through the update Kodi now keeps giving me script errors when I try to launch any of the feeds from the addon :/
I think that you maybe need to get up to speed a bit about kodi. That Skin is clearly labelled CCM Helix - so its for Helix.

If you are using Gotham, you can use CCM for Gotham.

Regarding your script errors, its not clear what video addon you are using, however its unlikely that the Skin caused that. Its more likely that your addon is not compatible or not the up to date version for Helix.

I suggest you post further questions about the Skin in the CCM Helix thread. And seek support for your addon in the relevant thread too.

It should all work out. Most everything is working in Helix these days.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
thats why I updated to helix, as I realised that CCM Helix requires the Helix version...and like I said, after the updating to Helix the video add on stopped working.
I am well aware that it has nothing to do with the skin Smile

Good to know there is a Gotham version of CCM, ill check it out Big Grin
What video addon is it? Almost all the commonly used video addons now work with Helix, so instead of rolling back to gotham I would look to fix/update the video addon instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idiot Proof Theme...lol0