LAN/router breaks when launching torrent players from Kodi (TV box)
Hello everyone.

I am having Kodi-related problems with my LAN/router.

Kodi is installed in an Android TV box, that is wired to my router. The box has a fixed IP address (all my LAN devices do, in all cases using the MAC-IP router functionality).

Everythings works OK in my LAN, and in my TV box, and in Kodi... UNTIL I launch torrent stream players within Kodi. Then, and after only a few seconds or minutes, all my LAN seems to break down: all my devices (the TV box and all others, wired and wireless) lose their internet connectivity, and the only solution is to reset the router (a TP-Link TP-W9880, I have a VDSL access)

Any hints, anyone?

Thanks in advance, and greetings from sunny Spain.
The router is probably being overwhelmed by the number of peer-to-peer connections that BitTorrent is able to use. If the torrent client or torrent add-on in use can limit the number of connections, then that might fix the problem. Otherwise, I would suggest a new router that can handle more connections.
(2015-05-24, 02:13)Ned Scott Wrote: The router is probably being overwhelmed by the number of peer-to-peer connections that BitTorrent is able to use. If the torrent client or torrent add-on in use can limit the number of connections, then that might fix the problem. Otherwise, I would suggest a new router that can handle more connections.

Thank you. For the moment I was trying to limit the bandwidth available for the TV box, with no results. I will follow your advice and limit connections, see if that works. I'll let you know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LAN/router breaks when launching torrent players from Kodi (TV box)0