CPU-usage with iTunes Airplay to Kodi
My TV (and with that my audio-system) is connected to my iMac (21.5-inch, late 2013, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB) as a second screen. Yosemite 10.10.3. Kodi 14.2 x86_64. Install Method: dmg. iTunes 12.1.2.
When playing music on iTunes I select Kodi with Airplay output in iTunes. I noticed my iMac is slowing down. Suddenly Kodi is taking 400-450 % CPU.

Overall, I'm delighted with all of your work, thanks a bunch!

* added software info
Does this also happen when you listen to local mp3 from within kodi? Also do you habe itunes on the same max like kodi or is there another mac involved?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ah, yes, the same use cpu-usage when playing mp3's from within Kodi (no iTunes involved). No other macs involved, just the one iMac on which iTunes is played. Just to compare: playing a 720p HD-movie with 5.1 DTS-sound uses about 10% CPU.
So your using iTunes to Airplay to Kodi .....and both iTunes and Kodi are running on the same Mac, is that correct ?

Why Why ?

Only suggestion is to stop running both iTunes and Kodi at the same time.

Kodi is always-on on my mac. And yes, I can just put the sound through to HDMI. But then all sound is played there. I just want the music on the speakers with a different volume. All other sound (from system, applications etc) I want to get from the iMac-speakers. The iTiunes-to-Kodi system is perfect for this.

But apparently it's not the iTiunes-to-Kodi-airplay-system that hogs my CPU, it's just playing MP3's on Kodi that does that. Now I tried the strangest thing: turn off audio visualisation: and playing an mp3 within Kodi is using a mere 2% CPU, iTunes to Kodi through airplay at 15%, which is no problem. Though I couldn't believe that would be the solution as I think a simple visualiser never would use so much CPU, it was just that.

Sorry for (kind of) wasting your time on my 'problem'. Can be marked as solved.
which audio visualisatiom did you use?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It was projectM. And after looking into it I saw you can set the quality which changes CPU-usage drasticly. Setting it to 'low' it only uses about 13%.
Changing the 'detail' within FishBMC doesn't change anything, all take about 425-475% cpu-usage.
OpenGL Spectrum uses 8 - 9%, As does Waveform.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CPU-usage with iTunes Airplay to Kodi0