Can Xbox be visible in Microsoft Windows as a mapped network drive?
Why not do the copy directly via the Xbox DVD drive?

You could probably make a Pyton program to do this.

/tinBuzz
That would be perfect, except I don't know python.... Any takers?
electricd7 Wrote:That would be perfect, except I don't know python.... Any takers?

Well, python is really simple. Just read some stuff on docs.python.org. Especially read on directory and fileobjects and how to copy files.

If you want and you need a recursive directory reader, check out my script XOT here (http://code.google.com/p/xot-uzg/) in the file common.py there is a DirectoryPrinter which I use to print all files in the scriptfolder to the logfile. You could use that part and modify it to copy the files in the path instead of printing there names to the logfile. This is the part:
Code:
def DirectoryPrinter(dir):
    try:
        dirWalker = os.walk(dir)
        dirPrint = "Folder Structure of %s" % (config.appName)

for dirWalk in dirWalker:
            if dirWalk[0].count("\\.") == 0:
                for fileWalk in dirWalk[2]:
                    if not fileWalk.startswith(".") and not fileWalk.endswith(".pyo"):
                        dirPrint = "%s\n%s\\%s" % (dirPrint,dirWalk[0],fileWalk)
        logFile.debug("%s" % (dirPrint))
    except:
        logFile.critical("Error printing folder %s", dir)
Just add the xbox as a network place on your PC... drag and drop in it ... never used Netdrive but it sounds exactly the same.....
is it possible to share the xbox's f: drive as any type of network share?
As far as I know there is no support for this. I suppose you could use an app like webdrive to map an ftp site to a drive letter if you really wanted to. I don't know how reliable it would be though.
hmm, thanks coco.
You can add it as a network place within windows and it'll appear as a folder... it uses the xboxes FTP server..

All here:-
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/HOW-...ork_Places

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Xbox be visible in Microsoft Windows as a mapped network drive?1