Kodi sdl video redirect
Hi,
i would like to try to "redirect" the video output of kodi (the entire process). For this purpose i'm using the ld_preload trick overriding some sdl functions (SDL_Init, SDL_SetVideoMode, SDL_UpperBlit, SDL_BlitSurface, ....). I've done a try with assaultcube and it works, but it wan't works with kodi. Should i recompile kodi with some configure options to enable sdl? Kodi uses sdl? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but i have no experience with sdl / kodi / ....
Thanks
We kicked SDL out on almost all platforms. It is still there for OSX until someone gets time and kills it completely.
Thanks for your answer.
What Kodi uses?
What is last version of xbmc that fully supports sdl? In particular, what version of sdl?
We use the native libs provided by the various platforms.

Quote:What is last version of xbmc that fully supports sdl? In particular, what version of sdl?

If talk is about Linux, it is Frodo. SDL 1.2

What exactly do you want to achieve? Note that we open a direct GL rendering context.
@FernetMenta: i'm trying to hook opengl code with my own library. Now it works for opengl (glxswapbuffers), but i need to hook audio. I can read the alsa buffer on linux, but this not seems a good idea. How xbmc play sound? which library is used (sdl, openal,...) ?
Thanks
What are you trying to do? Send your own sound through Kodi? Kodi has its own audio engine and various sinks for different drivers on different platforms. In the context of audio DSP we will have an extension point for addons to use:
https://github.com/AchimTuran/kodi/commi...udioengine
No.... my goal: if kodi play a sound, then i need to "hook" it. In sauerbrauten (http://sauerbraten.org/), audio is generated by sdl, so i can hook the sdl library and capture audio. With kodi, at the moment, i'm able to "hook" audio (generated by kodi!!) only hooking alsa lib (but this unfortunately seems a very low performance method) and i need to know if I can do the same thing with sdl/sdl2/other lib....
Thanks
If hooking means you want to receive that audio or filter it - then the newly introduced dsp addons are the right thing to utilise here. You need to write one for your needs of course.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi sdl video redirect0