Bug SortTitle not properly functioning
Hi,

I tried using the SortTitle-Property for movies which are NOT part of a MovieSet, but this does not work because TMM (2.6.7) overwrites "always" the entered value with a "default-value".

To reproduce this behaviour follow these steps:

* Open Property-Editor for a Movie, which is not part of a MovieSet
* Enter a SortTitle
* Close Property-Editor (<OK>)
* Check corresponding NFO-File. You can see, the SortTitle-Tag is updated
* Reopen Property-Editor for this Movie. You can see, the SortTitle within Property-Editor is empty!
* Closing the Property-Editor with <OK> removes SortTitle also from NFO-File.

When you try to use the SortTitle for renaming the Files/Folder, you can enter any value you want, the entered SortTitle will never be used. This is extremely annoying with numeric Movie-Titles like "1984" or with Movie-Titles starting with symbols like '(', '#', ' " '.

It seems to me, that the SortTitle gets always automatic "recalculated" whenever it is used - independently what value was entered.

I tried removing all "titlePrefix" to deactivate this function, but this doesn't helped.
thanks for reporting.
indeed, there was a bug with the sort title Wink

btw: the Sorttitle in the NFO/Editor and in the renamer are two different items Sad

It is sometimes almost the same name for two different things:
(NFO) SortTitle is an extra tag (editable in the movie editor) which is used to group the movie sets or let Kodi sort the movies in a special order
whereas
(Renamer) SortTitle is the "title sortable" - the movie title there the configured prefixes are at the end (Bourne Identity, The)

hth
Manuel
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Hi!

ad "was a bug": does this mean, that this bug is removed in a later version (after 2.6.7)? When will this version be available?

ad "different sort": Why is there a difference? Wasn't it be better, to use the SortTitle for Renamer as soon as it is defined by the user? And as long as this SortTitle is not defined by the user, the "title sortable" is used.

As a user, I am not able to see the difference between this two "values/fields" in the application forms.

And when this is not possible to implement, what about a third category in Renamer, to use the NFO-SortTitle and the first Char of this NFO-SortTitle?!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SortTitle not properly functioning0