fire TV stick - Optimal Kodi Settings?
Hi folks, hope this is the right place to ask this?

Could anyone that has been using the Amazon fire TV stick and knows more about them than me (Confused) please advise on the optimal settings for Kodi 14.2? I have checked the Wiki and don't yet see any on there for the stick.

The only think I have changed so far is unchecking the fullscreen window box that warns it effects performance. I also don't seem to be able to select the fullscreen option at the top of that section, is that because Kodi is running from within the fire TV stick OS and not standalone like with OpenELEC?

Also is there anything to change from the Video Settings page that is selected when a video is playing?
If nothing is wrong when you play files then the default is typically "best". There needs to be some context to what you are trying to do.
Thanks Ned, I just hasn't seen these options before in Kodi (I have OpenELEC installed on a Chromebox and a Cyclone X4 and Kodi on the Apple TV2) so wasn't sure about the inability to change resolutions and select fullscreen as an option.

I watched a couple of my BD Rips last night (1080p mkv) and all worked great so I guess what I have it set to now is fine as you say.
Hi D-an-W can I please ask which version of openelec you used for the Cyclone X4. I am wanting to try rooting mine but I am not sure the exact build to use. Thanks in advance
Check the thread here, I am currently on 5.0.8 built by kerber (If you are using OpenELEC you don't need root either).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fire TV stick - Optimal Kodi Settings?0