Req additional libcec functionality?
Hi,

I have RPi2, Denon 2313 AVR and Samsung TV with CEC.

First the bug report: since upgrade to libcec 3.0 TV does not get in control of AVR everytime. RPi2 is powered by USB port on TV, so when I switch on TV RPi2 starts, switches AVR on and switches AVR source to the RPi2 HDMI input. However tv CEC menu often reports AVR to be off, eventhough it is actually on. In this situation AVR volume cannot be controlled by TV remote. If I toggle AVR off to on in TV's CEC menu, AVR volume is normally controled by the TV remote.

Now the feature request:
Besides RPi2, I have STB from my IPTV provider also connected to AVR. However STB lacks CEC (for now- provider claims it will get CEC firmware soon...). Is it possible for the Kodi to set AVR to STB port on startup and not RPi2 port (don't ask- wife, kids...).

I can successfully do that from SSH by CECclient, which breaks KODI cec of course. (used following commands:
switch AVR on

echo "on 5" | cec-client -s

swtich AVR source to HDMI port of the STB

echo "tx 15 44 69 01" | cec-client -s

register non CEC STB as CEC device

echo "pa 11 00" | cec-client -t t -o "T2 IPTV"

Than I tried to use CECclient in autostart.sh, which also breaks KODI cec and also does not switch on AVR.

Any ideas? I know: adding CEC functionality to my STB would actually solve everything, but it all depends on my IPTV provider. They are working on it...

tomi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
additional libcec functionality?0