Scraping on Each PC
I set up a shared mySQL library to use with Kodi. I spent the time to scrape all video files using Universal Scraper to get the library the way I want.

I created an advancedsettings.xml to point to this library and this would then be copied to other machines that I will be installing Kodi on.

I installed Kodi on a second machine and used the advancedsettings.xml file I created. The library loaded but no movie information was displayed.

I searched the forum and discovered I needed to make sure Universal Scraper was on the second Pc. I installed the Add-on and performed a scrape as per what I read and now all my library has been cleaned out and it is readding everything - undoing all the work I had done and saved in the library.

Why is it necessary to scrape on each PC? What is the purpose of a shared library if each installation is only going to clean that library? Did I do something wrong?

Any advice would be grateful

Thanks!
OOps I think I may have found my mistake:

When I installed the Universal Scraper Add-On on the second PC I should have said NO to the scraping and just performed an Update Library is that correct?

Ian
You should only need to install the add-on itself and not even have to set content on each machine.
You shouldn't even need the add-on. The MySQL library contains all the info. I am not sure why you did not see the movie info. I have setup the mySQL library a few times and have not always setup the scraper on all my client. You just need the content set and add-on installed if you want to be able to scan/update the library. I'll verify this with my tablet which I just reset.
If it isn't a default scraper then it will need to be installed. There's a check that is done before the info screen comes up to see if content has been set, and for some reason the scraper not being there will break this check. I'm honestly not sure why the check is there at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping on Each PC0