[Solved] Channel Icons Not Displaying
Hello,

My channel logo icons are not showing up on my frontend raspberry pi running xbmc. Here is some pertinent information:

CheckChannelIcons> Channel icons successfully processed: 9 (epg: 9, user: 0).
Import WMC channel icons when found is checked.
I can stream live tv and recorded tv so the raspberry pi has access to the recorded TV folder.
Icons are displayed on the windows media center too.

Any assistance for fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated
Do the icons show up when running kodi on the serverwmc pc?

Also look in your recorded tv folder for:
\TempSWMC\imageCache\channelIcons

are there copies of this icons in this folder?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2015-05-25, 01:52)krustyreturns Wrote: Do the icons show up when running kodi on the serverwmc pc?

Also look in your recorded tv folder for:
\TempSWMC\imageCache\channelIcons

are there copies of this icons in this folder?

I may be in the wrong forum, I am running xbmc on the frontend and serverwmc with windows media center on the backend. The icons show up when I run windows media center.

The icons also show up in the folder you specified.
You are in the right forum. If the icons are in that folder your kodi frontend should be displaying them. Which skin are you using? Try resetting the pvr database in kodi and see if that brings in the icons.
(2015-05-25, 17:47)krustyreturns Wrote: You are in the right forum. If the icons are in that folder your kodi frontend should be displaying them. Which skin are you using? Try resetting the pvr database in kodi and see if that brings in the icons.

Is Kodi a new name for Openelec? I'm using the default Confluence skin, if it helps, the icons have been working for the past 5-6 months with no issues. Is my pvr database the same as epg? If so, I have reset the epg database, serverwmc, raspberry pi, windows machine, router, and modem multiple times.

Is there a specific naming convention for the icon files?
Since it was working before, I think it probably is the kodi (openelec) database. Inside of kodi go to
system>settings>live tv>general

You should see 'reset the pvr database' here. If not, in the lower left corner of the window set 'Settings Level' to Advanced. Then you should see it.

If that doesn't resolve the icons. Then go to the serverwmc settings file (see debug tab) and search for:
Debug_LogChannelIconErrors

change it's value from false to true, then save the file and restart swmc. Then reconnect your openelec client. After its done getting data from serverwmc, post the serverwmc log on pastebin.com and post a link to it here.
(2015-05-25, 21:30)krustyreturns Wrote: Since it was working before, I think it probably is the kodi (openelec) database. Inside of kodi go to
system>settings>live tv>general

You should see 'reset the pvr database' here.

Solved..I will add the reset pvr database to my troubleshooting bucket. If you have a second to explain why resetting the pvr database fixed the issue considering I reset the rasberrypi, windows media center etc a bunch of times. Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] Channel Icons Not Displaying0