• 4(current)
[Release] CollectionTV 2.0 (formerly YouTube Collections)
(2015-06-26, 19:14)music_lover Wrote: OK, I just did an install on another PC that never had a previous install. No script error this time. I signed on okay. But tell me how am I supposed to see my channel page? When I search for my channel I can find it, but so can everyone else without signing on, just like standard YT.

Like I told you already a week ago. Browsing your personal channel/playlists is currently not implemented. But if you can find and access them through search, you can add them to a collection, that's the whole idea. This add-on is about creating collections, not browsing youtube.You can just use the official YouTube add-on for that.
All I wanted to do is add my watch later playlist to my collection.

So what is the sign on for?
(2015-06-26, 19:40)music_lover Wrote: All I wanted to do is add my watch later playlist to my collection.

So what is the sign on for?

The sign in is for:
1. Accessing your subscriptions
2. Accessing your private playlists
3. Get info more related personally to you when searching/browsing

Obviously you are interested in #2. You can add your watch playlist to a collection, you just need to find out its id. I added mine and it worked just fine. In the future you will be able to do this more easily via the UI, currently not implemented. It takes a lot of time to add all these features.
(2015-06-26, 19:14)mjbxx Wrote: Getting script error. Really looking forward to seeing how Collection TV performs.

SPMC log: http://pastebin.com/dYdudyfi

I looked into this, and I still have no good answers.
I'm assuming any android user will get the same error, and it's going to be tough to solve.
I will have to keep investigating.
In collection settings, can there be more than 50? I'd like to play my entire PL.
(2015-06-26, 20:24)SportySpice Wrote:
(2015-06-26, 19:14)mjbxx Wrote: Getting script error. Really looking forward to seeing how Collection TV performs.

SPMC log: http://pastebin.com/dYdudyfi

I looked into this, and I still have no good answers.
I'm assuming any android user will get the same error, and it's going to be tough to solve.
I will have to keep investigating.

This is by no means a permanent solution, but it will be great progress if it works.
Download and install this

Try it out and tell me if it worked.
my word, you werent kidding - this is EXCELLENT - im already tinkering - seeing what can be done with it - im actaully clapping here - well done totally awesome
Great release. I'm still exploring and enjoying it Smile

I have a feature request (or behavior change request) I think might be helpful for some people.

Currently, if one of the channels from a collection is later removed from YouTube, suspended, or becoming invalid for any reason, the entire collection would become totally inaccessible instead of just giving up/ignoring that specific invalid channel.

CollectionTV would throw a script error if a collection contains such channel. For example:

ValueError: Channel list request by username or id should return exactly 1 result. Returned: 0
username: None. channelId:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The problem is that I'm setting up this Add-on on an Android TV Box for my sister. It's hard for her to identify an invalid channel and remove it from the collection. Is it possible to add an option in the future release to tell the add-on to just ignore (do not load) the invalid channels so she can still access her favorite collections even if something went wrong with one of the channel owners? With an option like this, the nice leanback experience wouldn't turn into an awkward debugging process all of a sudden just because someone decided to remove their YouTube channel.Tongue
(2015-06-26, 21:12)music_lover Wrote: In collection settings, can there be more than 50? I'd like to play my entire PL.

Short answer:
No.

Long answer:
50 is not just a random number. The YouTube API reports up to max 50 items per request. Requesting more than that requires consecutive requests. In other words, you have to first request the first 50 items, wait for that response, and then request 50 more if possible. This would:
1. Be pretty complex and difficult to implant in the context of a collection. Loading an entire collection is already a very complex operation as it is.
2. Would very likely cost a lot of new problems/script errors.
3. Would slow down the time it takes to load a collection, possibly by a lot.
4. Would totally flood the YouTube api with requests, something that has its own issues.

Maybe one day, when I'm done with many other things I have to fix/implant I will find a way to add this feature. For now, it's a definite no.

As a side note: Why would you even want more than 50 items from a source in a collection? If you have say just 4 sources in a collection, and each is set to 50 videos. That's already a list of 200 videos.
(2015-06-26, 21:45)udangaribaldi Wrote: my word, you werent kidding - this is EXCELLENT - im already tinkering - seeing what can be done with it - im actaully clapping here - well done totally awesome

Thanks
this kind of feedback is always nice to hear.
From the last two messages, it seems you have caught this... I installed an not much worked, and could NOT get my Youtube log-in until I investigated and saw the program had installed itself as Collection-master2.0 in the add-ons, renamed it to 'plugin.video.collections' and all was well. Great add-on, I'm sure everyone will be pleased. Tested on Kodi 14.2, XBMC 13.2 and Kodi 15.2 alpha

BTW: Thanks for the icon 'plug', and just to be sure there is a 'icon choice' in the add-on/plugin.video.collections folder. If anyone wants a background or alternates, let me know.
Collection TV 2.0.1
* Fixed many issues which prevented the add-on from loading/functioning correctly on Android (and possibly other platforms).
* Collection TV is now hidden again when browsing other add-ons
(2015-06-27, 05:47)gotiuser01 Wrote: Great release. I'm still exploring and enjoying it Smile

I have a feature request (or behavior change request) I think might be helpful for some people.

Currently, if one of the channels from a collection is later removed from YouTube, suspended, or becoming invalid for any reason, the entire collection would become totally inaccessible instead of just giving up/ignoring that specific invalid channel.

CollectionTV would throw a script error if a collection contains such channel. For example:

ValueError: Channel list request by username or id should return exactly 1 result. Returned: 0
username: None. channelId:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The problem is that I'm setting up this Add-on on an Android TV Box for my sister. It's hard for her to identify an invalid channel and remove it from the collection. Is it possible to add an option in the future release to tell the add-on to just ignore (do not load) the invalid channels so she can still access her favorite collections even if something went wrong with one of the channel owners? With an option like this, the nice leanback experience wouldn't turn into an awkward debugging process all of a sudden just because someone decided to remove their YouTube channel.Tongue

This has been on my to-do list since forever. I will get to it eventually. There is currently protection against fails in Kodi sources, but not against YouTube ones like you mentioned. My solution is going to be more elegant than just ignoring the problems. The collection will add an item called "Warnings" or "Errors" at the top of the feed, when you click it you will get a detailed explanation on every source that failed updating. The rest of sources will keep functioning as usual.
YT search works for me V2.0.1 downloaded from GIT, install worked without issues.
(2015-06-27, 10:29)SportySpice Wrote:
(2015-06-26, 21:12)music_lover Wrote: In collection settings, can there be more than 50? I'd like to play my entire PL.

As a side note: Why would you even want more than 50 items from a source in a collection? If you have say just 4 sources in a collection, and each is set to 50 videos. That's already a list of 200 videos.

I guess I'm not using collections in its purest form, but I was just trying to play my favorites PL. I usually play stored content. Plus I never used YT collections while it was available.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] CollectionTV 2.0 (formerly YouTube Collections)8