• 6(current)
[Release] CollectionTV 2.0 (formerly YouTube Collections)
I am not able to install this addon on amazon fire tv running Helix 14.2...When I try to install, I get an error message stating something along the lines that addon structure is incorrect. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.
(2015-07-17, 03:38)gujju1973 Wrote: I am not able to install this addon on amazon fire tv running Helix 14.2...When I try to install, I get an error message stating something along the lines that addon structure is incorrect. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

I have sent you a PM, check it out.
ok thanks very much.
anytime I opene up the Settings dialog within the mycollection section i can't exit out of it. No highlighting of the options I have to kill kodi....
(2015-07-18, 02:44)Frozin Wrote: anytime I opene up the Settings dialog within the mycollection section i can't exit out of it. No highlighting of the options I have to kill kodi....

The menu currently only works with a mouse/pointer/touch controls, I'm guessing you're trying to use it with buttons only.
I'll get ti working with buttons in the future.
(2015-07-17, 07:39)SportySpice Wrote:
(2015-07-17, 03:38)gujju1973 Wrote: I am not able to install this addon on amazon fire tv running Helix 14.2...When I try to install, I get an error message stating something along the lines that addon structure is incorrect. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

I have sent you a PM, check it out.

Hi Sportyspice...thanks for the PM, unfortunately, I am unable to respond to your message; not sure, if it's because I am new member. I get page restricted error message.
"Add to collection" option doesn't work on Isengard 15.1
(2015-08-16, 17:38)Amoghasiddhi Wrote: "Add to collection" option doesn't work on Isengard 15.1

Well 15.1 is a Release Candidate and not an official release, so the problems might be within that Kodi build.
I am using 15.0 and all is working fine. I will upgrade to 15.1 once it's out officially and test if everything works.

Thanks for letting me know.
(2015-08-16, 18:38)SportySpice Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 17:38)Amoghasiddhi Wrote: "Add to collection" option doesn't work on Isengard 15.1

Well 15.1 is a Release Candidate and not an official release, so the problems might be within that Kodi build.
I am using 15.0 and all is working fine. I will upgrade to 15.1 once it's out officially and test if everything works.

I have to use 15.1 because the official release dont have support for subtitles in my language. Its a known issue, fixed in 15.1.
Anyway, I hope you could check this. This plugin is a "must have" for me here. Best regards.

EDIT: 15.1 now is a official release Smile
(2015-08-16, 20:07)Amoghasiddhi Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 18:38)SportySpice Wrote:

I have to use 15.1 because the official release dont have support for subtitles in my language. Its a known issue, fixed in 15.1.
Anyway, I hope you could check this. This plugin is a "must have" for me here. Best regards.

EDIT: 15.1 now is a official release Smile

I have installed 15.1 and everything works just fine.
Can you please be more specific on what exactly happens when you try to add to a collection?
(2015-08-20, 19:21)SportySpice Wrote: I have installed 15.1 and everything works just fine.
Can you please be more specific on what exactly happens when you try to add to a collection?

Sorry for the delay to respond. I was using the beta version of 15.1. No problems with the official version. Thanks for checking.
any future updates?great addon by the way.i just get script errors opening my collections?i dont know why?thank you admin.
(2016-01-06, 17:21)warlock09 Wrote: any future updates?great addon by the way.i just get script errors opening my collections?i dont know why?thank you admin.

Due to life circumstances I simply do not currently have the time to keep developing this addon, at least for now. I might resume work on it in the future. I do use it myself on a daily basis though, and if something breaks I'll probably release a fix. As for your errors, I've been having some issues with youtube sign in myself lately and i'm not sure what's causing it. It's possible you and other people are having the same problem, I will look into it when I have the time.

In the meantime here are 3 possible solutions for any error you or anyone else is having, one of them will definitely work:
  1. Add-on settings -> Cache -> Clear Cache. Do this from outside Collection TV, aka from the Video add-ons menu/list. After that enter collection TV and see if things work now

2. Sign out of YouTube If you are signed in (Add-on settings -> YouTube -> Sign In/Out). If you are getting script errors while signing out browse to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.collections\data\youtube on your device and delete the file called credentials. Everything will probably work now. If not, move to option 3.

3. browse to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.collections on your device and rename the data folder to data backup (or anything else for that matter). I cannot imagine how anyone would be getting any script errors after doing this, but if you do, do report back and I will assist you.
(2016-01-06, 17:59)SportySpice Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 17:21)warlock09 Wrote: any future updates?great addon by the way.i just get script errors opening my collections?i dont know why?thank you admin.

Due to life circumstances I simply do not currently have the time to keep developing this addon, at least for now. I might resume work on it in the future. I do use it myself on a daily basis though, and if something breaks I'll probably release a fix. As for your errors, I've been having some issues with youtube sign in myself lately and i'm not sure what's causing it. It's possible you and other people are having the same problem, I will look into it when I have the time.

In the meantime here are 3 possible solutions for any error you or anyone else is having, one of them will definitely work:
  1. Add-on settings -> Cache -> Clear Cache. Do this from outside Collection TV, aka from the Video add-ons menu/list. After that enter collection TV and see if things work now

2. Sign out of YouTube If you are signed in (Add-on settings -> YouTube -> Sign In/Out). If you are getting script errors while signing out browse to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.collections\data\youtube on your device and delete the file called credentials. Everything will probably work now. If not, move to option 3.

3. browse to Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.collections on your device and rename the data folder to data backup (or anything else for that matter). I cannot imagine how anyone would be getting any script errors after doing this, but if you do, do report back and I will assist you.

i appreciate your quick reply,thanks,i hope you find time to do an update,,i know that you have a personal life also ,,just when you get time,i wish i could be of help,..i will try the instructions you have created here,thanks again ,,,
Hi mate first and foremost what a great add on. I wonder if you could help me getting the add on to open to default collections as soon as its installed from zip, rather than having to bring up context menu and change it. It's just I want to share my collection with some people in our gym. Its hard enough getting the zip installed without talking them through context menus etc
thanks for the add on and any future help
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] CollectionTV 2.0 (formerly YouTube Collections)8