Bug SMB Video playback fails after stopping
Since the last update i've been experiencing a bug where if i'm watching a Show or movie through SMB (connected to shared network drive on my PC through ethernet), when I try to return to a show, being the stopped one or any, it will not play.

It will show the "audio play" icon in the top left corner and the time will scroll through very fast like its on FF X16 or something.

Rebooting the rpi temporarily solves it and allows me to play any video again. (until i've stopped that and attempt to watch something else).

I can't find any reports of this bug but its a pretty bad one. Sad
Do you mean SMB (Windows file sharing) rather than SNMP? SNMP has nothing to do with file sharing...

As nobody knows what you are referring to with "since the last update" (as everyone's perception of the last update is different - for me, it was yesterday's test build), a debug log (wiki) is usually required at this stage so that we know what you are running, and maybe even what you are trying to play.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Apologies, SMB is correct, mind got muddled with some work i'm doing at the moment.

I've edited it.

I'll grab a log next time it happens and post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Video playback fails after stopping0