Unable to get TV channels
I am very new to Kodi and am not in any way techy minded. Please bear that in mind if you are able to help.

When I try to search for channels I get the following:

'None of the connected PVR backends supports scanning for channels'

Anyway to fix this?
Are you running a pvr backend? If you don't know the answer to this the answer is probably no.

You need a pvr along with a tuner card in order to present tv channels to the Kodi front end. Without one you will not have any live tv capability.

Check out the live tv section in the wiki for further info.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Live_TV
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
Found a PVR that solved the problem. PVRIPTV.

Thanks
I'm really having trouble getting Kodi to work with my TV. I've been using WMC for years so I've got all the right hardware. I have NPVR installed separately (links I got from the Kodi web site today). I've launched NPVR separately and scanned for TV stations, and it works great. It finds 11 (all digital stations via my antenna). Here's where I'm at now:

When I go to "Settings -> TV -> General" in Kodi and I click "Search for Channels", it says "None of the connect PVR backends supports scanning for channels". Where I'm confused is how to connect Kodi with the PVR backend.

I've been following steps here: http://kodi.wiki/view/NextPVR

It says to go to "Settings -> Add-ons -> Disabled add-ons -> PVR". But I don't have "Disabled add-ons" in my "Add-ons" area. When I go to "Settings -> Add-ons", I get this:

My add-ons
Install from repository
Install from zip file
Search
System

I've clicked around in each of the options, especially "My add-ons", but still no "Disabled add-ons". As for PVR, there is "PVR clients" in there, but no "PVR backend".

I just downloaded Kodi today, so I've got 15.0. I think the instructions on the web aren't matching up exactly with the version I have. I'd appreciate any further guidance.
You already have your PVR backend--it's NPVR. You need to enable the NPVR client (the frontend) which you'll find in "PVR clients". Once enabled, go into "configure". If you're running Kodi on the same machine as you're running NPVR, then leave the IP address as default. If running Kodi on a different machine than NPVR, then enter the IP of the NPVR machine.
The add-ons directory was re-organized for Isengard (15.0). The wiki pages still talk about the old location at the moment. You should find what you're looking for under 'My add-ons' if you keep digging.

NB: If you're using ubuntu or similar the pvr add-ons are now separate packages in Isengard. You won't see anything useful under 'My add-ons' until you install the separate add-on package for the backend you want to use.

Hope this helps someone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to get TV channels0