Could the TVDB scarper use the series ID instead of name?
I've periodically had problems with the TVDB scraper, usually the name of a series changes, or a duplicate name, or a series with a name that is similar.

Is there any reason the scraper couldn't use the directories named by numeric series ID instead name? At least on Linux you could probably do away with the ugliest part of it by using symlinks so the original file names are available (or the cleaned up proper names). Heck the individual files could be by numeric id instead of by name. These are all uniquely assigned and dont change if the episode/series/etc get renamed as far as I know.

Perhaps it could be integrated into Filebot like that?

I thought the suggestion was worth raising.

One obvious problem is that a set of folders named like this would be an unreadable mess of numbered files (akin to the folders on an iphone if you have ever seen those), hence the symlink suggestion. I don't know where this would leave windows users though.

Jason
URL nfo is what you want. Please see http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows...ning_a_URL
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok thanks
Hi mkortstiege

just wanted to clarify / ask you,

I am struggling with a few TV series myself, so looking at creating some NFO files to sort this out.
Within:

TV Sereis (Master folder)
The Borgias (1981) (TV Sereis folder)
S01E01.mkv (video file)

Within the TV series folder above, would I need to create a NFO file, named tvshow.nfo and within this file include the url ie: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=245831&lid=7

The following website:
http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvepisodes

states to create a notepad file, but named as the Tv series name ie: The Borgias.nfo

Do i need multiple NFO files to cover each episode?

within the above website, there is a lot of text to enter, as I asked, does this need to be done per episode?

Many thanks!!
Intel NUC DN2820FYKH, OpenElec 5.0
Synology NAS 412+ & DX513 (20TB)
If it's just to point the scrapers to the correct show, a tvshow.nfo with the shows tvdb URL in `The Borgias (1981)` folder will work. If you want to override or manipulate information on episode level that is normally fetched from metadata sites, you need to place nfo files next to your episodes (eg. S01E01.nfo) that hold information about the single episode.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks
Will try with one file initially and see if that works.
no matter what I name the file or folder, it wont get it.

Do i just need to add the URL or include all the other metadata? ie:

<episodedetails>
<title>My TV Episode</title>
<rating>10.00</rating>
<season>2</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<plot>he best episode in the world</plot>
<thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/164981/2528821.jpg</thumb>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<lastplayed></lastplayed>
<credits>Writer</credits>

etc etc

Thanks
Do you really want to modify episode details? If not, just insert the plain tvdb URL in a tvshow.nfo and place it in the actual series folder.
dont need to modfiy episodes, not sure what the point of that is? But will follow your advice!

many thanks, hopefully this is the answer to my prays Smile
I am pretty sure this will work as long as thetvdb.com has metadata for that particular show(s) Smile
it does, have checked will give it a go tonight.
I guess this would also work with documentaries, live concerts etc.
I had feared this would be a lot harder than what it seems.

will see tonight!
Jep. For documentaries and concerts you might want to use the themoviedb scraper (content movies) and the "lazy" movie.nfo within those folders. Keep us posted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could the TVDB scarper use the series ID instead of name?0