Win Info display
Is there anyway to stop info display from appearing on screen when the keyboard mouse is moved? I can only want it displayed when pressing I key.
Check your settings>video>file lists>default selection action and choose play. Somehow it sounds like that feature got toggled, although if you don't want the video controls to show up while playing a video, that is something else and is most likely not possible with a user GUI switch.
(2015-05-26, 16:40)PatK Wrote: Check your settings>video>file lists>default selection action and choose play. Somehow it sounds like that feature got toggled, although if you don't want the video controls to show up while playing a video, that is something else and is most likely not possible with a user GUI switch.
Tried that, didn't work. I get Kodi's thinking though: why wouldn't you want the screen display when you move the mouse? You must want to click on something. The problem for me is switching from other applications, when I come back to kodi, the screen display comes on.
Yes I see your point, but Kodi was designed as a single application, the fact that so many are using it multi-tasking is a wonder. This is more or less a function of the skin, so a skinner might have solutions but it' would be modifying code. Disable the mouse is a thought, and learn keyboard or remote controls.
I'm using a Logitech keyboard. Do you know of a skin that would allow me to delete the current file playing? Or one that has a rating field that I can alter and delete the files later.
Depending on the model of Logitech mouse & keyboard, some allow for application specific functions in the advanced settings of set point, so you might be able to map out functions. You should be able to use the delete function with the file in focus (maybe playing) tab out to the file listing and hit the 'C'ontext menu key, which should offer a delete function (I never tried to del something while playing, and doubt you could unless it's entirely cached.) just make sure your settings>appearance>file lists>allow renaming and deletions is tagged. I use the skin T, find it stable and quite mousable and the skinner Ronie knows his stuff. The deletion function is part of Kodi and not so much a skin function, although can be implemented differently, but I think you may be barking up the wrong tree.

Why not use Kodi in a windowed format, resize to allow for windows explorer and use the delete key on a file/folder listing?
I have been using windows/file manager as you describe, but its awkward and ruins my viewing experience.

I also have media monkey on the machine, it let's you map hot keys, so I change all my videos to 5 stars, as I watch, I can hit the 'z' key and change the file rating to zero stars. Then periodically, I sort by rating and whack the videos with no stars.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Info display0