Mythbuntu+Myth backend & frontend but no VOD?
Nickr patiently got me up and running. However, TWC is killing clear qam next week in my market. I need to buy an OTA tuner and figure out what to do on a couple issues.

My goal is a simple seamless remote control experience and cut cable.

For VOD I guess I need another frontend to compliment or replace Myth. I have VLC that I used setting up HDHR channels and I do like that it can have several stations running on the screen that would help me jumping channels during commercials but I haven't experimented with VOD yet. I know Kodi is good at VOD.

HDHR has a new Add-on which will process at the unit rather than use the HTPC that speeds up processing. I mention that because I'm looking into the EPG stage of things and they are getting into that by year end as part of the new add-on.

1) So I can use Kodi, HDHR, and or Myth for the frontend. What is the best frontend setup?

Also today I see Schedule Direct and mc2xml and zap2it. I know SD is tied in with the company that gets the data. I've looked at the TOS at Zap2it and it talks about no scraping yet it seems everybody is doing it today based on the dates of postings I see.

2) What is the deal, I'm new to all this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythbuntu+Myth backend & frontend but no VOD?0