• 22(current)
TheLogoDB.com - The Open TV Logo Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)
Hey guys.

I think thelogodb is awesome and has come in handy. I did, however, also notice the lack of consistency and variety, which should really be a priority. With that being said, it's still the best option available, that I have found, and I appreciate the work that's been done. I uploaded some images, but I would really like to contribute more. I didn't see a way to add an optional image and I don't want to write over existing. For instance, not only am I in need of transparent logos, but I need them to be visible on a dark background. So the transparent logos that are black without contrast don't work in my case. There would really only need to be 2 versions of each transparent logo. Just to be clear (no pun intended), here are the logos I uploaded that work well with a dark background . I uploaded them to vacant slots. If I did anything wrong or if the quality is not high enough, let me know and I'll fix it. Also, I don't think it's wise to allow images to be written over by anyone. There are a lot of idiots out there. I have a life size picture of my kids navigating the list and finding that the Disney icon has been replaced with a pecker.

EDIT: I just noticed the post on the spreadsheet and will take a look.

Anyway, let me know if I can help. Thanks.

Below are some that I uploaded, but they look better with a dark background here:

>> clear logos on black background <<

Yep the quality has been variable, thats the downside of having a totally open site.

Saying that we have now filled nearly 30% of all the logos which is amazing!

Feel free to overwrite any logos you think could be better. Especially focusing on the black background stuff.

EDIT: I'll look at a "locking" feature for icons that are the best quality.
Well, I the problem I see is that there's nothing wrong with many of the logos.

There just isn't a slot for the "dark background alternative".
Seems like it would be easy enough to at least require registration before allowing access to upload and or overwrite.

Just food for thought.
Fantastic setup and makes Kodi look so much more complete however, I have found the following logos to be missing:

5STAR+1
My5
Spike
True Crime
Pick+1
Challenge+1
Food Network+1
Travel Channel +1
True Crime +1
True Entertainment +1
tru TV
Showcase
True Christmas
True Christmas+1
movies4men
movies4men+1
TalkingPictures
Clubland TV
NOW Music
Capital TV
Starz TV
Channel AKA
Keep It Country
Chartshow Hits
The Vault
VIVA
Chilled TV
Heart TV
Chart Show TV

If anyone has these I would be most appreciative as I can complete my setup.
(2016-10-14, 20:21)Sjharris Wrote: Fantastic setup and makes Kodi look so much more complete however, I have found the following logos to be missing:

5STAR+1
My5
Spike
True Crime
Pick+1
Challenge+1
Food Network+1
Travel Channel +1
True Crime +1
True Entertainment +1
tru TV
Showcase
True Christmas
True Christmas+1
movies4men
movies4men+1
TalkingPictures
Clubland TV
NOW Music
Capital TV
Starz TV
Channel AKA
Keep It Country
Chartshow Hits
The Vault
VIVA
Chilled TV
Heart TV
Chart Show TV

I can add them, but what country and provider are those channels from?
(2016-10-17, 11:24)zag Wrote:
(2016-10-14, 20:21)Sjharris Wrote: Fantastic setup and makes Kodi look so much more complete however, I have found the following logos to be missing:

5STAR+1
My5
Spike
True Crime
Pick+1
Challenge+1
Food Network+1
Travel Channel +1
True Crime +1
True Entertainment +1
tru TV
Showcase
True Christmas
True Christmas+1
movies4men
movies4men+1
TalkingPictures
Clubland TV
NOW Music
Capital TV
Starz TV
Channel AKA
Keep It Country
Chartshow Hits
The Vault
VIVA
Chilled TV
Heart TV
Chart Show TV

I can add them, but what country and provider are those channels from?

They are broadcast on Sky in the UK
I added several logos to thelogodb.com database recently and now Pakistani Channels db is 100% complete but there are various channel names that are missing from the list. i added those channel names to the excel sheet but the they still don't appear on the website is there something else that needs to be done to make the channel names appear on the website so that i can add those logos ?

The following Pakistani Channels are not available on logodb

Pakistani Channels:

Geo Super
Geo Kahani
Urdu1
Hum Sitaray
PTV Sports
PTV World
PTV News
ARY Zindagi
92 News HD

Edit: added the satellites, not sure if its a requirement

Geo Super (Paksat 1R)
Geo Kahani (Paksat 1R)
Urdu1 (Intelsat 20)
Hum Sitaray (AsiaSat 7 & Badr 6)
PTV Sports (Paksat 1R)
PTV World (ABS 2, AsiaSat 7 & Paksat 1R)
PTV News (Paksat 1R)
ARY Zindagi (SES 8 & AsiaSat 7)
92 News HD (Paksat 1R)
I added new channels in excel list 15 days ago no channel name got added, not sure why ?
Note: sort of cross-post from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=295417

Does anyone know how to Trim the channel logos within Kodi properly?

I have been using Trim in ImageMagick to get perfectly trimmed logos but I need to do it in Kodi now.

In ImageMagick I use:
"c:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.2-Q8\magick.exe" mogrify -trim +repage -resize 176x45 -path Logos *.png

I have tried Image.getbbox() from script.module.pil to get the bounding box without transparency.

It works with some images but not others.
eg

Image size: (800, 450)
bbox: (0, 0, 800, 450)

This one works fine.

Image size: (800, 450)
bbox: (121, 15, 680, 435)
The size was specifically chosen to work well with EPG grid guides and currently logos should only have a 10 pixel gutter either vertically or horizontally.

It looks a bit like the resize function is not working so well on those smaller non trimmed logos.

Saying that, it might be possible to offer a pre-trimmed version on the site...
(2016-11-01, 18:12)docwra Wrote: The size was specifically chosen to work well with EPG grid guides and currently logos should only have a 10 pixel gutter either vertically or horizontally.

It looks a bit like the resize function is not working so well on those smaller non trimmed logos.

Saying that, it might be possible to offer a pre-trimmed version on the site...

That would be really useful to have pre-trimmed versions.

ImageMagick does the job very well. The Image.getbbox method is quite hit and miss. It sometimes crops too much.

I have found a strange workaround method to convert the image to rgb, invert it and find the bounding box if the first method fails. It is a bizarre ritual I would rather not have to indulge in. Wink
Here is my version of the function that does the trimming.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...i.py#L2830
Exactly what ive been looking for.

Could I have a Key please.
(2016-10-21, 05:35)androjohn Wrote: I added several logos to thelogodb.com database recently and now Pakistani Channels db is 100% complete but there are various channel names that are missing from the list. i added those channel names to the excel sheet but the they still don't appear on the website is there something else that needs to be done to make the channel names appear on the website so that i can add those logos ?

The following Pakistani Channels are not available on logodb

Pakistani Channels:

Geo Super
Geo Kahani
Urdu1
Hum Sitaray
PTV Sports
PTV World
PTV News
ARY Zindagi
92 News HD

Edit: added the satellites, not sure if its a requirement

Geo Super (Paksat 1R)
Geo Kahani (Paksat 1R)
Urdu1 (Intelsat 20)
Hum Sitaray (AsiaSat 7 & Badr 6)
PTV Sports (Paksat 1R)
PTV World (ABS 2, AsiaSat 7 & Paksat 1R)
PTV News (Paksat 1R)
ARY Zindagi (SES 8 & AsiaSat 7)
92 News HD (Paksat 1R)

no answer ? i guess its just too much of a hassle to add new channels to thelogodb as i posted and added channels to the excel sheet a month ago no reply from dev. thanks anyways i ended up using my own logos on my own db.
Good day,

I was wondering if could get an API key? I'm looking to build myself a quick program to utilize the API, download images, and use my PVRs database to rename logos correctly for identification. I just don't feel like doing that process manually. It'll be for personal use. I'll even throw it up on github if anyone is interested in the completed product.

Or unless someone already has a utility in existence then I can just use that.

I would have sent a PM, but I'm a new member and it seems like I need 10 posts to unlock that functionality.

Thank you
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheLogoDB.com - The Open TV Logo Database (wiki-based, register and contribute)3