Looking to seperate Music DVDs and Music Videos
Hi,

Long time Kodi/XMBC user. Finally decided to take advantage of the Music Videos section of Kodi. I am currently using Transparency! skin but i am asking this question generally, as it may be possible in another skin or be skin independent?

I have 2 large collections, the first is a collection of Music DVDs - Concerts, Music Documentaries, Video Collections, etc. The second collection is a large folder structure full of individual music videos files. I have set up kodi to scrape both types of files and it works beautifully. The one issue i have though is, i would like to be able to view (or filter) these 2 types individually. For example: sometimes i want to play all the music videos on random at a party for example, but it includes DVDs and gets stuck in the root menu of the DVD, or plays a long documentary in the middle of the short videos.

Does anyone know a way to have a "Music Videos" and a "Music DVDs" (or Music Films, or whatever) section, where both can still use the Music Video scraping option, or maybe a way to filter them. Ideally i don't want to have to create playlists and constantly keep updating them manually each time i add a video

Thanks!!
So you already have 2 separate sources for your music? For example:

C:\Music Dvds
C:\Music Videos

If that's the case, create a smart playlist that filters by path (C:\Music Videos). The smart playlist will automatically add any new music videos that have been scrapped into the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking to seperate Music DVDs and Music Videos0