opening favourites without caching
im mapping a button to open up kodi favourite
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.tvplayer/",return)
but anything you add to kodi favourites, is a link that kodi fetches from cache so if something was updated in an addon, you won't see the update.
does anybody know if there is a way to open kodi favourites without loading from cache? can I modify the code

theres an addon called super favouries, but to go this route, it loads super favourites first and this is slow on my Pi1. Thanks for your help
The path is just a pointer to your program, if the program path has changed you have to re-establish the path and it doesn't matter if it's internal or external to the add-on. You would have to do this with SF also (at least from what I have tried). I believe that the SF thread indicates a way to replace favourites with SF and from what I can see shouldn't be a heavy load, it's just xml pointers.
(2015-05-27, 12:23)MediaPi Wrote: im mapping a button to open up kodi favourite
but anything you add to kodi favourites, is a link that kodi fetches from cache so if something was updated in an addon, you won't see the update.
does anybody know if there is a way to open kodi favourites without loading from cache? can I modify the code

theres an addon called super favouries, but to go this route, it loads super favourites first and this is slow on my Pi1. Thanks for your help

Hi mate, fancy seeing you here!

If you edit the tvplayer default.py and change the very last line to

Code:
xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]), cacheToDisc=False)

That should do it.

(When you say SF is slow - try switching off the Folders inherit thumbs setting and see if that helps)
thanks PatK for helping

Sean you always helping me out! LOL THANKYOUUU that cacheToDisc=False worked a treat, how the hell do you know all this?

SF is not slow, mainly slow hardware but thanks for the tips, your a legend! Big Grin
(2015-05-29, 10:26)MediaPi Wrote: Sean you always helping me out! LOL THANKYOUUU that cacheToDisc=False worked a treat, how the hell do you know all this?

lol I read a lot Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
opening favourites without caching0