Req If movie paused changes to a stop
It would be nice if after 5 or 10 mins a movie is paused it will stop being paused and convert to stop.

Whenever my wife puts a movie on for the kids and they are done watching it she just pauses it. I've come along a couple hours later and find the movie still paused.

All my kodi boxes are synced with mysql, mysql doesn't like it when you pause a video because it doesn't mark last watched moment.

Netflix stops after certain amount of time paused, just think nice feature.
i wouldn't mind seeing this feature implemented either. my wife does the same thing occasionally. we have a plasma tv and even with dim set to 5% i still worry about image retention a little bit. also if playback is stopped that would allow the screensaver to kick in which is much more noticeable that you've left the system on than a dark screen.
The only issue I see is that this feature might depend on the media type which probably would make things a bit more complicated, because you might not want to trigger a stop when you pause liveTV, as it would kill your timeshift buffer. Or at least have different timeout values. For the time being, this could easily be added by an add-on.
https://github.com/amet/script.stop

set the slider to the desired time in minutes. its a service, so it might need to be restarted to get the new delay value reloaded.

if it breaks your computer or eats your puppies... I don't care. you have been warned.
The puppy chewed my slippers, so puppy killing addon would now be welcome.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
If movie paused changes to a stop0