v15 "running for the first time" on nexus player
i have the current beta installed on my nexus player (via the google+ beta group).
i've noticed that every so often when i load kodi the splash screen says "running for the first time".
why is this?
no-one know then?
or is this not the correct place to ask questions about the beta?
the google+ group suggest that this is the correct place.
Is it resetting any settings when it does this, or is Kodi otherwise acting strangely in addition to this? It should only do this on first installs and for updates.
no it's not resetting any settings (as far as i can see).
it's also not acting strangely.

everything is as normal apart from every now and then i get the "first time run" splash screen.
how many updates have there been in the past week? as i've had this splash screen at least three times this week.
As far as I know, there's been one in the last month. You shouldn't be seeing the screen this often. One of the devs will need to look into this, as I don't really know how to troubleshoot something at that point. The first-run screen happens before debug logs run, so they wouldn't show anything.
Please check if you're not running out of available space.
I suspect the device is clearing the cache on its own in this case.
plenty of free space.
well over 1GB of usable space left.
In the internal/app memory, I mean, not the "sdcard"
and where do i see that?
the app isn't running at the time when i see this, it's when i load the app from the launcher.
i always choose "exit" when coming out of kodi.
I suppose you could look at the System Info tab in KODI that displays Free Memory, IP, Screen Res, etc. or under Settings:Apps Manager in Android to see how much free memory (RAM) the system has available while everything is running. Unless, of course, Koying has a way he'd prefer -in which case I will shut up and listen and learn something new too!

I think he's wondering if when the app is running if it's running out of memory and clearing stuff to try and continue running and that's why your status gets reset to a first run, or "some-such-a-like"... Or in my way of thinking, in my totally unofficial capacity, is the heap management failing(through little fault of it's own) in the most elegant way possible(!) that also happens to be releasing(erasing) least essential data(hopefully) to attempt to keep the whole app from failing(dramatically)... ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"running for the first time" on nexus player0