Win Lenovo Q190 is $250
I was just looking at alternatives and remember that Q190 was $350-$400 range (for some odd reason)
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/le...-customize

But today, when I checked it again, I noticed it is $250 with coupon.
DB552

Is 1017U substantially better than 2957U in terms of Kodi / 4K video and streaming, especially streaming Amazon-like services?
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Celeron-29...eron-1017U
No, absolutely not.

1017U is IVB based - the gpu just sucks.

2957U is HSW based and has enough Execution units.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Q190 is pretty dated now. You're better off with Chromebox if you don't need Windows, and if you do, I'm sure users here can suggest options.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-05-28, 22:26)fritsch Wrote: No, absolutely not.

1017U is IVB based - the gpu just sucks.

2957U is HSW based and has enough Execution units.

Thank you! I'll skip.

(2015-05-28, 22:32)hdmkv Wrote: Q190 is pretty dated now. You're better off with Chromebox if you don't need Windows, and if you do, I'm sure users here can suggest options.

I thought this was somehow updated unit, because the other Q190's mentioned in the Q190 thread had 887 or 2365 processor. So I figured while Q190 as a model is dated, the internals were updated. So 1017U is weaker, then I'll pass.

I want something to work out of box with Kodi so my other options are HP Stream 200 and ZBOX-BI320-U-W2. I'll eliminate Q190 for now. This thread was just due to my wrong assumption of Q190 looking like a great deal, I am participating in the other hardware thread trying to decide what box to buy. However, please don't hesitate to share your opinion, basically I need something that can run Kodi easily, has enough USB ports for my external music/video/picture storage and IR receivers, and of course handle simple tasks like web browsing, youtube, and scanning/printing. That's all. Chromebox sounds nice but I don't want to have to fiddle with the setup to get Kodi to run. I prefer windows.
Go with either the HP or ZBox BI320 both are fully loaded so just install kodi and go.

The ZBox BI320 is going for $200 on amazon and even has an empty 2.5" bay and a toslink/spdif conntector if you need it.
(2015-05-29, 00:06)Topken Wrote: Go with either the HP or ZBox BI320 both are fully loaded so just install kodi and go.

The ZBox BI320 is going for $200 on amazon and even has an empty 2.5" bay and a toslink/spdif conntector if you need it.

Yes, someone mentioned it (was it you?) --just checked, yep it was you! Cool
I posted a simple comparison chart here, the only downside of Zbox was lack of Wifi and BT, and possibly support issues when Win 10 comes with drivers, etc.

I think i am going to order it from Amazon regardless, if I have to get wifi, then I'll think about it later, it seems we can get the USB $10 for Wifi and $5 for BT instead of $20 for Wifi.

If there are any other boxes you can recommend, (at least I am aware of other options) please let me know.
Only Windows based ones are the HP and Zotac right now unless you want to get a barebones Cubi. and I was going to say who pays $10 for bluetooth? I know you can find a USB BT adapter for like a couple of bucks on amazon same with wifi really.
(2015-05-29, 03:12)Topken Wrote: Only Windows based ones are the HP and Zotac right now unless you want to get a barebones Cubi. and I was going to say who pays $10 for bluetooth? I know you can find a USB BT adapter for like a couple of bucks on amazon same with wifi really.

Thanks, yep I saw the cheaper BT and WiFi units, roughly $12 to $15 for both.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lenovo Q190 is $2500