• 109(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2016-09-05, 03:34)couto27 Wrote:
(2016-09-04, 17:04)Tinwarble Wrote: There will also be some new "News" for the Shield coming soon. Wink

Can you specify some of the "news" Smile

No, I won't know any specifics until later this week and even then I'll probably be embargoed. All I can say right now is that there will be something coming pretty soon.

(2016-09-05, 07:10)tredman Wrote: With any luck that 'news' will be fixing their deinterlacing fuck up in 3.2

They've already stated that deinterlacing will be fixed in the next update.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-09-05, 07:35)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2016-09-04, 17:04)Tinwarble Wrote: There will also be some new "News" for the Shield coming soon. Wink

No, I won't know any specifics until later this week and even then I'll probably be embargoed.

(2016-09-05, 07:10)tredman Wrote: With any luck that 'news' will be fixing their deinterlacing fuck up in 3.2

They have, but you would have thought they may have provided some further info since they broke a fundamental feature of a 'TV' box.

I have 2 Shields doing nothing because of this (I had to bring 2 RPi 1 out of retirement). If I had any hope of success I would send then back for a refund.
New or simply revised Shield TV. My guess would be the same SoC, but they're retooling stuff to make it less expensive to produce. However, that's just based on the fact that the Shield is already the most powerful Android TV box and there really aren't any missing features.

All we know is that it went through the FCC, along with a new controller.
(2016-09-05, 07:38)tredman Wrote: They have, but you would have thought they may have provided some further info since they broke a fundamental feature of a 'TV' box.

I have 2 Shields doing nothing because of this (I had to bring 2 RPi 1 out of retirement). If I had any hope of success I would send then back for a refund.

What "further info" are you looking for? They've already stated that it will be fixed and that they are getting closer.
ManuelGuzman Wrote:We are getting closer folks. As usual please make sure to fill out the feedback form with your SHIELD issue and include your device serial number if you are willing to test certain fixes. We may select some users to confirm certain fixes before the the update is released to the public.

If you're looking for a play by play of what's being worked on or a release date, then that never happens.

And I'm not sure why you would return you Shields based solely on something that has been temporarily broken. It's not like Nvidia doesn't release updates pretty regularly and they have been good at adding features and fixing bugs in every release.

(2016-09-05, 08:47)Ned Scott Wrote: New or simply revised Shield TV. My guess would be the same SoC, but they're retooling stuff to make it less expensive to produce. However, that's just based on the fact that the Shield is already the most powerful Android TV box and there really aren't any missing features.

All we know is that it went through the FCC, along with a new controller.

There could be a new SATV on the horizon, but frankly I don't put a lot of stock in FCC filings. Remember this: http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/05/12/...t-the-fcc/

Then this: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/08/11/...cancelled/
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

No, I won't know any specifics until later this week and even then I'll probably be embargoed. All I can say right now is that there will be something coming pretty soon.

I realize that the odds of them implementing MVC as part of the "news" is slim to none, but I am hoping for it nevertheless Smile
(2016-09-05, 17:58)the_jaguar Wrote: I realize that the odds of them implementing MVC as part of the "news" is slim to none, but I am hoping for it nevertheless Smile

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Wink

I've brought it up on multiple occasions, but the response is usually the same every time.
(2016-09-05, 18:29)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2016-09-05, 17:58)the_jaguar Wrote: I realize that the odds of them implementing MVC as part of the "news" is slim to none, but I am hoping for it nevertheless Smile

I've brought it up on multiple occasions, but the response is usually the same every time.

What about android 7.0, would it be possible to consider it as soon as now ?
(2016-09-05, 18:29)Tinwarble Wrote:

I figured as much, but thanks for continuing to try and get this on their roadmap. This will be the only reason I would consider switching to the Xiaomi Mi box (if it lives up to its expectations).
Hi Tinwarble,
just did a test and it successfully copied a file from Internal to Internal. I also created a zip, no issues. So seems like an issue with Kodi

and where is the news? Smile
I can't get Daydream to work on the Shield when Kodi is running (even in the background). Earlier posts suggest that the Dim screen saver has to be enabled in Kodi to allow Daydream but I have tried both Dim and None with no success. This is in both the latest released v16 as well as the v17 beta both from the Play Store.
(2016-09-08, 14:13)cncb Wrote: I can't get Daydream to work on the Shield when Kodi is running (even in the background). Earlier posts suggest that the Dim screen saver has to be enabled in Kodi to allow Daydream but I have tried both Dim and None with no success. This is in both the latest released v16 as well as the v17 beta both from the Play Store.

Daydream works for me without any issues. I have Kodi set to Dim after a minute and my Daydream at 5 minutes. Unlike you I find it annoying when I'm running Kodi; because when I pause a video and I'm away for more than 5minutes it stops the playback. Some files don't support Resume so It's annoying.

I don't mind using Daydream for stuff like Youtube etc

Have you tried stopping Daydream in the Daydream settings? then force stop Daydream under Apps and then enable the Daydream option. See if it works.

btw I'm using Jarvis.
Thanks, but I matched your settings and cannot get Daydream to work until I exit Kodi.
(2016-09-09, 13:48)cncb Wrote: Thanks, but I matched your settings and cannot get Daydream to work until I exit Kodi.

Did you try turning Daydream off and then force closing it and turning it back on?
(2016-09-13, 21:26)desibuoy Wrote: Did you try turning Daydream off and then force closing it and turning it back on?

Yes, but it still never kicks in until I exit Kodi.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6