• 81(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
How do you notice if the display is at 60 or 24 Hz? Due to ARC my TV won't show and my Denon X1200W does not show an overlay display when outputting 4K - do the higher models still show the overlay menu?
My BENQ pojector is diplaying resolution information and FPS when switching from one to another.

To be sure, I went to BENQ's information menu and I can see I'm still in 60 FPS.

However, with my Sony receiver, when I was launching a movie, I can see BENQ projector switching from 60 to 24 FPS (black screen and switching noise).
I have tried Kodi 17 latest nightly and passthrough is working fine ! Even DTS-HD Master, nice ! But always no FPS switching.
(2016-02-05, 11:20)Fonf Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 21:44)wrcveen Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 23:21)JakeF Wrote: Passthrough audio is not working at all with my new Denon AVR-X2200W. I only get white noise. Unlike the wiki which says it is only HD audio that isn't working. I get white noise nomatter what format, i.e. DD, DD+, TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD etc. Letting Kodi do the decoding by setting channels to 7,1 seems to work though. Receiver shows PCM input I guess, "Multi Ch in".

I'm using Kodi 15.2 from the Google Play store.

Does your Shield switch back from 60 to 24 frames? This also does not work with my x2200.

Hi, same thing here. I've just switch from Sony STR-DA2400ES AV Receiver to a brand new Denon AVR-X3200W. Kodi 15.2 running on Shield in both cases. No other changes than the AV Receiver.

Sony STR-DA2400ES
60 to 24 FPS switching : OK
Passthrough : OK

Denon AVR-X3200W
60 to 24 FPS switching : NO
Passthrough : NO

Passthrough works better with Kodi 16 test build but not with every movies. FPS switching not working whatever Kodi version is. So a better AV Receiver is giving me less possibility Confused

My SATV didn't want to switch refresh rates either while plugged in to my new receiver (Denon X6200W) but it did work fine when directly connected to the projector. I'm now using a HDFury Integral between the SATV and AVR and refresh rate switching works. I use it to force the full chain to HDCP1.4, since my projector is just 1080p anyway. I'm not sure if HDCP version mismatch is the real problem here, but at least it worked.
I think it's a good point to consider, as my BENQ is HDCP 1.4 only, thanks for the idea !
My SATV works fine with refresh rate switching with my Denon X2100W and my Sony HW55ES. Never a problem.
(2016-02-05, 16:40)drhill Wrote: My SATV works fine with refresh rate switching with my Denon X2100W and my Sony HW55ES. Never a problem.

Interesting. Both your AVR and PJ are HDCP1.4.
Anyone know how I can auto - launch kodi to make sure it is running when my Shield comes on?

I am using a harmony smarthub (2 profiles, the nvidia shield and a windows BT)
(2016-02-05, 15:32)heazky Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 11:20)Fonf Wrote:
(2016-02-04, 21:44)wrcveen Wrote: Does your Shield switch back from 60 to 24 frames? This also does not work with my x2200.

Hi, same thing here. I've just switch from Sony STR-DA2400ES AV Receiver to a brand new Denon AVR-X3200W. Kodi 15.2 running on Shield in both cases. No other changes than the AV Receiver.

Sony STR-DA2400ES

Denon AVR-X3200W

Passthrough works better with Kodi 16 test build but not with every movies. FPS switching not working whatever Kodi version is. So a better AV Receiver is giving me less possibility Confused

My SATV didn't want to switch refresh rates either while plugged in to my new receiver (Denon X6200W) but it did work fine when directly connected to the projector. I'm now using a HDFury Integral between the SATV and AVR and refresh rate switching works. I use it to force the full chain to HDCP1.4, since my projector is just 1080p anyway. I'm not sure if HDCP version mismatch is the real problem here, but at least it worked.

Have you tried restarting the Shield with your amp and projector both switched on?
(2016-02-15, 10:59)Metallifux Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 15:32)heazky Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 11:20)Fonf Wrote: Hi, same thing here. I've just switch from Sony STR-DA2400ES AV Receiver to a brand new Denon AVR-X3200W. Kodi 15.2 running on Shield in both cases. No other changes than the AV Receiver.

Sony STR-DA2400ES

Denon AVR-X3200W

Have you tried restarting the Shield with your amp and projector both switched on?

Yes, multiple times. Also tried every HDMI port. Anyway, it works fine now with my workaround.
I use a Denon x2200w and can't use the framerate adjustment, too, as I use a TV that only supports HDCP 1.4.

Only thing I can do is setting the Shield to 1080p24Hz or let the Denon putting out the Video as 1080p24Hz.
But then also the menus of Kodi and all games are in 24Hz and that looks not soo smooth.

So does it work for anyone with a HDCP 2.2 compatible AVR and a HDCP 1.4 TV or projector?
Quick question and sorry if this has been asked.

Does shield TV support atmos/Dts: x, i have a x4200W and rotel amp, with b&w 7.2.2.

I really like the look of the shield, and dont want to build windows machine. On windows i think i have read that atmos is working. I hear people are talking about Koying alot, where is the builds u are talking about? I see that DTS: HD and dolby true hd is working fine on another thread here, but im really wondering about atmos Smile

edit; nvm im stupid, koying is the expermental stuff. Looks like its being worked on, looks like i can go ahead and buy it then, and look forward to dolby atmos soon
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
Hello folks,
Is there a way by only using the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home remote and hub to send the x,y commands or any additional commands to the shield? I read both forums and searched the internet many hours.
I came across folks using a usb to ir adapter but I'd like to stick with the harmony remote if possible.
I read about the key mapper and adding windows and Nvidia to an activity but didn't work. Maybe I'm not doing it right but hopefully someone out there has the expertise to assist. I honestly read every form and spend many hours and can't figure it out. Not sure if there is a step by step but would truly appreciate it if someone out there can help.
Thank you in advance
Mark
Sorry if I am mistaking you, but I have added the Shield as a bluetooth device and then just programmed in keys I wanted using the Harmony software on my iPad. This allowed my to program a stop button, etc.
(2016-02-16, 21:17)kri kri Wrote: Sorry if I am mistaking you, but I have added the Shield as a bluetooth device and then just programmed in keys I wanted using the Harmony software on my iPad. This allowed my to program a stop button, etc.

I added the shield on the computer with myharmony software and I can control the Nvidia Shield with stop and play and left,right.up,down,back but but can't use the X,Y, buttons.which gives more functionality in Kodi.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong
Thanks for the help
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6