• 40(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2015-11-05, 09:00)Evanesco Wrote: We still want the pass-through of Dolby True HD and DTS HD MASTER. So that the AVR displays the letters DOLBY TRUE HD or DTS HD MASTER and not PCM. We don't want Kodi to decode. Why is it so hard to understand. And if done right, DOLBY ATMOS and DTS:X will also automatically work on capable AVRs. So it's a win win. I also trust the decoders in my AVR to be better than those in Kodi. No offense.

Koying : did you get my message why it WILL make a huge audio difference for people with speakers on the ceiling?

When implemented its like "To kill two(or more) birds with one stone".
Buy some magic marker and write the text on your display if you want it that bad and don't have patience.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-11-05, 10:05)Martijn Wrote: If you all keep yelling it will take even longer.....

Don't make me pull this car over............
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-11-03, 14:01)couto27 Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 12:37)Koying Wrote: @couto27 Thanks but 15Gb over 2 days is not very practical Wink
Can someone else with the "Pink VC1" syndrome share a sample, please.

Hi @Koying please check the server again, i cut the file and put a sample 350mb
Test the sample it and have the same issue.

Tested your sample on nightly and it's definitely not pink, although there are some unwanted hiccups that I have to fix.
Does the switching of the android rendering could have affected the render capture?
The Phillips hue plugin does not change the colors anymore with Kodi 16.
Yep. If you want ambilight, you have to disable Mediacodec(Surface) and only keep the "plain" Mediacodec, as Kodi has no access to the image with the surface codec.
You'll loose 4K, though, so it's a tradeoff.
(2015-11-05, 11:17)Koying Wrote: Yep. If you want ambilight, you have to disable Mediacodec(Surface) and only keep the "plain" Mediacodec, as Kodi has no access to the image with the surface codec.
You'll loose 4K, though, so it's a tradeoff.
Or ask Philips why it doesn't work with surface
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ambilight was not the proper name (it'll work with ambilight proper), I was speaking about all plugins which gets image captures from Kodi to drive a boblight like system.
(2015-06-02, 10:47)Koying Wrote: I have the bluetooth-enabled hub model, so I just use a generic bluetooth keyboard profile, personally...

Dear Koying,

may I ask for the device you used in the harmony setup to get the "generic bluetooth keyboard profile". And additonally: does it support to power on and off the SATV by bluetooth as well?

Thank you very much for your information!
Tuner: DigitalDevices Octopus NET V2 S2 Max SAT>IP 8x
Server: DVBLogic V6 on Synology DS716+II DSM6
Client: Kodi17 on NvidiaShield AndroidTV
@Koying
Thanks for the info. Since I don't have a 4k tv it's not really a tradeoff for me Wink
(2015-11-04, 21:40)Koying Wrote: ...we have a brand new Advanced Digital Signal Processor (ADSP).

Is ADSP currently available as an add-on?

If so, what's it called & where can I find it? I'd like to check it out, thank you. Cool
(2015-11-05, 06:30)sikclown Wrote:
(2015-11-05, 05:14)drhill Wrote:
(2015-11-05, 05:05)Karnis Wrote: As I understand it, when you set your speaker configuration in Kodi to 5.1, it does exactly what your AVR would do, just like you said. So now, there is no difference between Kodi decoding the HD audio track & your AVR decoding the track (Atmos & X aside). One advantage to having Kodi decode the track & send it to your AVR is there will not be any kind of lip sync A/V issue.

That wasn't the question. The question is what does Kodi do to a 5.1 stream for a 7.1 setup? Dolby and DTS both have algorithms to expand sound to the back channels. They can even be used on a 5.1 PCM steam, but not a 7.1 pcm stream.

It doesn't do anything to the 5.1 stream for a 7.1 setup. At least not that I can see. It sends over all my 5.1 movies as 5.1 (per my Denon Info) even though I am setup in Kodi as 7.1. You just need to put that in there so it knows what to do with 7.1 material if you have it. I think anyway.

If you have it set to "fixed", which was what some people have said for the proper setup for HD audio decoding, it does not send 5.1 channels but 5.1 + two dead channels if it isn't doing the matrixing itself. If it is sending 2 dead channels then the receiver will not try to matrix the surround channels to the back. My Denon shows at all times it is getting a 7.1 signal from Kodi.

Now if setting Kodi to "optimized" doesn't alter the uncompressed audio then that's the solution. Is that the solution?
(2015-11-05, 10:41)Koying Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 14:01)couto27 Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 12:37)Koying Wrote: @couto27 Thanks but 15Gb over 2 days is not very practical Wink
Can someone else with the "Pink VC1" syndrome share a sample, please.

Hi @Koying please check the server again, i cut the file and put a sample 350mb
Test the sample it and have the same issue.

Tested your sample on nightly and it's definitely not pink, although there are some unwanted hiccups that I have to fix.

Koying, are the "unwanted hiccups" the same issue I sent you?
(2015-11-05, 15:19)drhill Wrote: If you have it set to "fixed", which was what some people have said for the proper setup for HD audio decoding, it does not send 5.1 channels but 5.1 + two dead channels if it isn't doing the matrixing itself. If it is sending 2 dead channels then the receiver will not try to matrix the surround channels to the back. My Denon shows at all times it is getting a 7.1 signal from Kodi.

Now if setting Kodi to "optimized" doesn't alter the uncompressed audio then that's the solution. Is that the solution?

Hi drhill:

I have Kodi set to "optimized".

Given that I get these readings from the audio input status of my Denon when # of channels is set to 7.1 in Kodi 16:

BB= 3/2/.1
AOU=3/4/.1
SA=3/4/.1

It's fair to conclude that Kodi is not sending me two empty channels on 5.1 source material, so me personally I would not set it to "fixed" because Kodi is always going to force a 7.1 channel output regardless of the source (and force it to the selected sampling rate). I want Kodi to send the unaltered, decoded source to my Denon.

So after giving it some thought & re-reading the descriptions, I'm going to set my channel configuration to 7.1 because I have blu ray rips that are 7.1 DTS-MA & True HD.

Output configuration to "optimized" as the properties of the source material is set at the start of playback, and TBH, I've never seen the audio format change in the middle of a ripped movie. Wink However, I'm guessing "Best Match" would work as well since it changes if the source properties change....this is probably a good choice for playing a blu ray disc as the audio properties will change playing menus, intros, etc.

...and I'm going to assume that when my Denon gets a PCM 3/4/.1 input it folds those 4 surround channels into 2 as I only have a 5.1 speaker set up. Big Grin For me, that's the real question in my circumstances.

Full disclosure, I'm certainly no expert & don't claim to be. I'm making this up as I go along. Cool Rofl
Well certainly from the wiki "Optimized" looks like the best setting, as long as no resampling occurs with it.

6.1/7.1 streams should be a very easy downmix to 5.1 from a logic standpoint.

Edit: From this post seems like "best" is the best setting : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1694081
(2015-11-05, 17:38)drhill Wrote: Well certainly from the wiki "Optimized" looks like the best setting, as long as no resampling occurs with it.

6.1/7.1 streams should be a very easy downmix to 5.1 from a logic standpoint.

Edit: From this post seems like "best" is the best setting : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1694081

That's a good post. Best match it is. Thanks for the link. Cool
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6