Android - Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bhoot Offline
Guys. Been reading up on all the Kodi boxes and am starting think of Shield as the chosen device. Doing some reading up. I know some people get issues and some people do not. What is the general consensus between 2015 and 2017 models for reliability? Seen guides on how to set it up. My setup will be Samsung LED 1080p and shield (everything else stays as is). It will be cable Ethernet connected. Will be using the box exclusively for Kodi and Netflix. Nothing else. Find the box expensive for what it is but don't mind it if the box is solid and performs better than needed.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)
find quote
cscoppa Offline
IMHO it's still the best box out there. I have both 2015 and 2017 models. Nvidia still seems to be supporting it pretty well and working with the community to stamp out any bugs. I'm driving my LG 65" OLED with it and it supports 4K HDR & passthrough (for my Denon AVR)
find quote
iMak Offline
(Yesterday 19:28)bhoot Wrote:  Guys. Been reading up on all the Kodi boxes and am starting think of Shield as the chosen device. Doing some reading up. I know some people get issues and some people do not. What is the general consensus between 2015 and 2017 models for reliability? Seen guides on how to set it up. My setup will be Samsung LED 1080p and shield (everything else stays as is). It will be cable Ethernet connected. Will be using the box exclusively for Kodi and Netflix. Nothing else. Find the box expensive for what it is but don't mind it if the box is solid and performs better than needed.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Get either of them, you won't be disappointed.
find quote