Android - Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wrxtasy Offline
Moderator²
(2017-04-18 22:25)quizzer25 Wrote:  Just got the Shield for Kodi and seeing a lot of buffering. I have a 100 MBPS internet and wired connection too. Shield performance is worse than a Nexus player (wireless) and Nexbox(ethernet) which I have too.

Are there any settings that need to be updated?

Please guide me with the best settings to be setup and the navigation for the same.

Appreciate your help.
Please Stop duplicate Posting across Kodi Sub-Forums in inappropriate threads. It's not good forums manners.
I've already transferred another of your posts just a minute ago.
find quote
goujam Offline
I know its not kodi based, but I just got my Shield and ive added it to my Logitech harmony. But I want to add a "watch TV" activity so I can use favorites when watching TV through live channels. Has anyone managed to get this to work?
find quote
Tinwarble Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Are you using a Harmony Hub remote?

Don't know about adding an Activity to do that, but if you add a Windows PC to your Shield Activity you can use "Guide" command from that to open the Live Channels app.

Minds programed to the red button on the remote.
[Image: 33055891842_53bbd1703e_z.jpg]

[Image: appstore_button_google.png]

find quote
goujam Offline
(2017-04-20 15:14)Tinwarble Wrote:  Are you using a Harmony Hub remote?

Don't know about adding an Activity to do that, but if you add a Windows PC to your Shield Activity you can use "Guide" command from that to open the Live Channels app.

Minds programed to the red button on the remote.
[Image: 33055891842_53bbd1703e_z.jpg]

thanks for that, im using the hub with the harmony touch. So no physical number buttons, that is why using favorites is useful.
I have not put a windows PC on as well yet looking at the diagram above it adds some useful functionality!
find quote
Tinwarble Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Yes, just add a Windows PC as a device, then you can add it to your current activity for the Shield. Then program the commands to the button you want. This is using a 2 device setup Shiled + Windows PC and if you're already connected to the Shield via bluetooth there is no need to pair it again when you add the Windows PC device, it will use the same pairing.

You don't need physical buttons, you just program any button to do the "Guide" function from the Windows PC commands (physical or touch). The pic is just an example and the remote that I use, but will be the same for any Hub based remote.

I posted a chart here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...5/#5099185 for the working Windows PC commands. The "Buttons" column are from the Harmony app, so not all of them are available as commands that you can set for the remote, but most of them are.

[Image: appstore_button_google.png]

(This post was last modified: 2017-04-20 17:08 by Tinwarble.)
find quote
BroKV Offline
Just received my 2017 Shield Pro today, upgraded from the Amazon Fire TV. Going to be using it with Kodi 17 on my Visio TV from 2013. Is there any tips or setting adjustments I should know about beforehand?
find quote