• 136(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
I know its not kodi based, but I just got my Shield and ive added it to my Logitech harmony. But I want to add a "watch TV" activity so I can use favorites when watching TV through live channels. Has anyone managed to get this to work?
Are you using a Harmony Hub remote?

Don't know about adding an Activity to do that, but if you add a Windows PC to your Shield Activity you can use "Guide" command from that to open the Live Channels app.

Minds programed to the red button on the remote.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-04-20, 15:14)Tinwarble Wrote: Are you using a Harmony Hub remote?

Don't know about adding an Activity to do that, but if you add a Windows PC to your Shield Activity you can use "Guide" command from that to open the Live Channels app.

Minds programed to the red button on the remote.

thanks for that, im using the hub with the harmony touch. So no physical number buttons, that is why using favorites is useful.
I have not put a windows PC on as well yet looking at the diagram above it adds some useful functionality!
Yes, just add a Windows PC as a device, then you can add it to your current activity for the Shield. Then program the commands to the button you want. This is using a 2 device setup Shiled + Windows PC and if you're already connected to the Shield via bluetooth there is no need to pair it again when you add the Windows PC device, it will use the same pairing.

You don't need physical buttons, you just program any button to do the "Guide" function from the Windows PC commands (physical or touch). The pic is just an example and the remote that I use, but will be the same for any Hub based remote.

I posted a chart here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...5/#5099185 for the working Windows PC commands. The "Buttons" column are from the Harmony app, so not all of them are available as commands that you can set for the remote, but most of them are.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Just received my 2017 Shield Pro today, upgraded from the Amazon Fire TV. Going to be using it with Kodi 17 on my Visio TV from 2013. Is there any tips or setting adjustments I should know about beforehand?
Hi everybody!!!

i have a problem. Suddenly the Kodi after 3-5 min playback restarted the Shield or just turned it off. I tested by use the Shield without Kodi - works fine.
I don't know how to troubleshoot by log file. Please help me . I have a Log file.

Thanks
(2017-05-04, 04:39)Zavulon Wrote: I have a Log file.

Paste the link to your debug log.
(2017-05-04, 05:20)808? Wrote:
(2017-05-04, 04:39)Zavulon Wrote: I have a Log file.

Paste the link to your debug log.

Link removed by mod for Banned addons (wiki).
Copy the text to your debug log to paste bin then paste the link to it here.

Or follow the steps in Debug log (wiki) easy and paste the link here.

And you should read the Forum rules (wiki) and know that we do not provide support for Banned add-ons (wiki) which the debug log you posted shows you have installed.
Try to re post my request.

Hi everybody!!!

i have a problem. Suddenly the Kodi after 3-5 min playback restarted the Shield or just turned it off. I tested by use the Shield without Kodi - works fine.
I don't know how to troubleshoot by log file. Please help me . This is my Log file.
(2017-05-06, 06:38)Zavulon Wrote: Please help me . This is my Log file.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24521375/

Remove all your banned addons and try again?

2nd time you have been asked to remove them.
Yes talk about an Infected Kodi Installation...

@Zavulon you have two choices:

a) run a clean Kodi installation and then you can come here on to the Kodi Android Sub-forum and seek help

b) run an infected Kodi installation with all manner of Banned Addons and crap and take your chances ending up with a unstable Kodi/Shield and you will also not get any help here on the Kodi forums.

Simply - Kodi Android users and developers do not want to waste their time on a wild goose hunt, chasing down problems when users are running an Infected Kodi installation.

Thank you
One question, I´ve received my Shield, and I have the washed color issue, have the output setted to 4k 4:2:0 output (is the preselected option) have a 2106 4k sony TV set, what´s the best color space option in your opinion?

I like the shield, but I think the PQ is so poor, maybe have to set up a little more, but don´t know what to touch Big Grin
(2017-05-08, 13:59)gacama Wrote: One question, I´ve received my Shield, and I have the washed color issue, have the output setted to 4k 4:2:0 output (is the preselected option) have a 2106 4k sony TV set, what´s the best color space option in your opinion?

I like the shield, but I think the PQ is so poor, maybe have to set up a little more, but don´t know what to touch Big Grin

4:2:2

Sent from my iPhone
  • 136(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6