(locale.charset) was not found & Q about unclean shutdowns
just setting up another box for someone, this is an S805 (Sumvision Cyclone x4) which can run off USB power i.e. the TV. what this means though is that it gets shutdown unclean when the TV is turned off. this may be what caused this problem:

17:06:54 T:1728228880 DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (locale.charset) was not found.

app just quits.

can anyone advise how to fix without re-doing all the config?

and more importantly, how to make sure kodi writes it's config in a way that makes this unlikely to happen again.. i know there are in-kodi plugins that can backup/restore configs but they themselves would need to be installed making this too newb-difficult.

maybe just get the config right and do a titanium backup with userdata, and tell them to restore it all if this happens again? or similar app that can make periodic auto-backups..
oh. this is not a common problem? i was messing with different skins before this happened, not sure if relevant.

i noticed Kodi wasn't saving my config unless i deliberately quit and restarted it. maybe just a corrupt config... it works fine if i just rename whole config folder but i'd like to know exactly what this error means if possible please.

does Kodi Android only write out the config on exit? or periodically?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(locale.charset) was not found & Q about unclean shutdowns0