v15 Kodi "Isengard" won't play back in 7.1 output
Hey all,

For some reason as soon as I go into system and switch the output from 5.1 to 7.1, Kodi Isengard beta 1 will no longer playback music files. I'll select a title to be played back, and Kodi hangs before giving me the error message " One or more items failed to play - check log ". There's no problem with any other sound configuration, but it will constantly hang if 7.1 is selected. I should note I don't have this problem with "Helix" or indeed any previous iteration of the program.

I've captured the log and will upload it here after I answer the requisite questions:

1. Version of Kodi - KODI ISENGARD - Windows Beta 1
2. Windows 8.1 Update
3. CPU/Architecture - 64 bit
4. RAM amount - 16gb
5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem: Open Kodi, change output from 5.1 (or stereo etc) to 7.1, try to playback media. The first click of a file produces nothing (it's as if you didn't click) the second click on a file hangs the system for 20 seconds or so before you get the error message "One or more items failed to play". Every subsequent selection has the same result.
6. Details of devices relevant to the problem - Using HDMI out from AMD R9 280 to Marantz MR7008 9.1 receiver. Passthrough selected, WASAPI selected
7. FULL Debug Log: can be found here: http:// http://goo.gl/5fhaE7

Any input would be appreciated!

PS. I would have tried to edit the debug log to cut down on the initial entries (As I have KODI set to scan the library at start-up) but didn't know whether I'd accidentally delete relevant information. I think the problem starts around line 2435
I think this is an issue that has already been fixed in the nightly builds so if if you try the latest and confirm whether issue is still present then that would be helpful.
Indeed this issue was resolved for me with Nightly Build "KodiSetup-20150527-5737b0c-master"... All sounds are playing fine now (videos, UI, etc).
Big Grin 
Hey folks,

Yup - I just downloaded the latest nightly and everything seems to be working great. Thanks for the tip!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi "Isengard" won't play back in 7.1 output0