Android Nexus Player Volume
I have a frustrating issue that I hope can be resolved. It is not present on my ATV2 running Kodi, nor my Pi2 running Kodi..

Having just purchases a Nexus Player, with the aim to replace the Pi as a Kodi front end, I have noticed that trying to adjust the volume within Kodi has no effect on the audio level.

I need this function, as I have a soundbar that is connected to the TV via SPIDIF. I do not have the remote for the soundbar, so when using Kodi on the Pi, I can adjust the volume inside Kodi using the Yatse app and everything works perfectly.

Can anyone else confirm\test to see if they also are unable to adjust volume in Kodi on Nexus Player?
Volume control is not supported.
Bummer.

Is this a feature that is likely to be supported in the future does anyone know?
It's something weird with specific android devices, but not all of them. I'm not sure what the technical reason is.
(2015-05-30, 20:17)Ned Scott Wrote: It's something weird with specific android devices, but not all of them. I'm not sure what the technical reason is.

Thanks Ned. Hopefully it's something that can be remedied in the future Smile
(2015-05-30, 22:36)DaiFlakes Wrote:
(2015-05-30, 20:17)Ned Scott Wrote: It's something weird with specific android devices, but not all of them. I'm not sure what the technical reason is.

Thanks Ned. Hopefully it's something that can be remedied in the future Smile

It was a choice by Google to not support it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
it makes sense for the nexus player not to have volume control as the nexus player doesn't have speakers.
the volume is controlled by the device it is connected to - TV or amp.
this is the standard way of doing things for media players - DVD/Blu-ray, appletv etc etc
I understand what you are saying, but as the soundbar I use gets it's input from the TV optical output, the TV does not control the volume (as the audio simply passes through the TV from the Nexus Player)

The AppleTV, and RPi also do not have speakers, but do have volume control. It is a useful feature as it means you can use just the one remote for the atv2, RPi etc and not need a separate remote to control the volume on the amp\soundbar.

I've got around it by configuring my Harmony 600 to control the TV, Soundbar & Nexus Player, which makes things easier Smile

(2015-06-01, 09:50)chenks Wrote: it makes sense for the nexus player not to have volume control as the nexus player doesn't have speakers.
the volume is controlled by the device it is connected to - TV or amp.
this is the standard way of doing things for media players - DVD/Blu-ray, appletv etc etc
I'm sure it's totally possible to have volume control on the Nexus Player (and the OUYA and some other boxes, for that matter), but for some reason support for it is missing on the Android level. I'm not a dev, so I'm not sure why this is or if there is any possible workaround. Some people will tell you to use the "volume amplification" as a work around, but that will actually distort the audio after a point.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus Player Volume0