Mac how to play encrypted bluray discs using play disk button
I'm only resurrecting this old form post as it is relevant to the information within this post. 

I decided that I wanted to be able to play Blu-ray's again from within Kodi. I'm still running macOS 10.14 (Mojave) so it might behave differently on a newer system, but this is what I did to get it to work.

MakeMKV and Kodi have both made some changes so I'll start with MakeMKV and the Symlinks

The symlinks needed to be updated to point to the new libmmbd_new.dylib file. 

ln -s /Applications/MakeMKV.app/Contents/lib/libmmbd_new.dylib ~/lib/libaacs.dylib
ln -s /Applications/MakeMKV.app/Contents/lib/libmmbd_new.dylib ~/lib/libbdplus.dylib

Kodi was a little trickier. I haven't been able to convince my family to move to a new theme, so when Confluence was dropped I moved to Xonfluence.
  1. In Xonfluence I added a Home menu item in Setup > Skin Settings > Home menu items
  2. I then added a new item and selected Kodi Command
  3. For the command I entered the command from above "RunScript("special://skin/rundisc.py")" (without the quotes of course)
  4. I titled it Play Blu-ray
The script in Post 11 was saved to ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence. 

This was getting me close, Kodi would let me choose different titles to play, but I was still seeing errors due to the disc being protected. I was also seeing failures in VLC as well, even after setting the integration in MakeMKV's Preferences.

That's when I found these instructions: https://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name. I downloaded the file, created the folder, copied the file, and then restarted Kodi. After restarting Kodi Blu-rays started playing again like they used to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac how to play encrypted bluray discs using play disk button0