MySQL database cleaning
I do on Settings->movies->database à clean database.
So i was waiting for have a clean database links between movies and files (i changed the names of file by make the date from: xxxx to (xxx)).
But in fact, nothing has been clean inside the database, the links are wrong (not been cleaned) and now inside the media movie part, the title of movie is always show, but the link is broken and the movie can not be read.

How to really clean the database ?
What is the "clean database" option in the setting do ? what this serve for ?

Also, i see that not all the movies are inside the database... on 900 movies, only 648 are write in the database... then now, with some wrongs links.

Looks like a bug or bad work of the "clean database" option.

How to resolve and have a complete and clean database with kodi ?
Quote:i changed the names of file by make the date from: xxxx to (xxx))
If you want to change filenames, you don't change their timestamps. That is not how to reNAME a file.

A really clean database is a new database. Get your video files in order first, and then scrape them into the Kodi video library.

648 out of 900 in the database? Again, a good file naming convention helps. Also, the default scraper is not that keen on foreign titles.

Quote:Looks like a bug or bad work of the "clean database" option

No, not everything that doesn't work for you is automatically a bug.
A lot of PEBKAC will happen as well.
@Klojum
thanks for your answer (two years after is netter than never).

I think... for rename a file, you can rename the file. Then the filename model was: "My.Horrible.Dirty.Title.First.Word.Char.Uppercase.with.Horrible.H264.DVX.Meta.words.2017.mkv"
and i rename (as rename a file is with command mv or rename, anyway... just rename the file really, by:
"My nice human title lower case words without meta words inside (2017).mkv"

So i see a function "clean database", i thank it was for clean the database (as said the words...), but i just learn that is not (crying). Thank you for tell me how "clean database" Kodi function IS NOT for clean the database. So i think the Kodi code doesn't read the inodes of files nor any checksum... then for sure, it can not really clean the database content.

Sure, it is maybe not a bug at all (and your answer show that it should be not), that's right. But i mean: a bad concept code i'm convicted.
And how it can be different to thinking it when "clean database" doesn't clean the database ?
People thinking that "clean database" is for clean the database... yes or not ?

If for have a workable database each time a file name is changed you need to clear all the database and then import datas again... then it should be implemented inside the function "clean database".

when you click on a blue link text that said "i will become red when you click me", people thinking that click on the link will paint the link text or maybe background in red. correct ? why it should be different ?
I think the problem is that the video database keeps track of logical content (such as "movies"/"film") and also physical files. If you change a filename, but it is still the same content (like "movie") then there is nothing to clean. Clean database does not remove entries from the file tables (same thing with the texture database). There are some add-ons that do help to clean this type of data.

scott s.
yes, that's it, i see that, it is exactly the problem.
And this way to ge show again the problem of level coding of Kodi.
You no need file name for check files... but some languages are not so adapted for this kind of codes. Also, devs are not professional (or just code games and know nothing arround that files administration coding).
So instead of checksum result and inodes number or other way to do well, Kodi search for file name. that is a problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL database cleaning1