v14 pi2 + hw-acceleration + alsa audio => some files stutter
Hello everyone,

i have sort of a strange problem. I use my pi2 with kodi in two different ways:

1) audio over hdmi => a/v receiver
2) audio over usb (Turtle Beach usb to optical) => headphone amp (for the evening)

Both works flawlessly; up to 50gig BD Isos over nfs.

But some of my avi files (300mb files, 800kbit, nothing serious) stutter like hell. I get
around 10-12 fps (the other frames get dropped, so thousands within a few seconds...); cpu is mostly ildeing around ~10%.
But they only stutter in Setup 2), when video hw acceleration is enabled.

So the same file plays:
audio over hdmi with hw acceleration: perfect
audio over hdmi without hw acceleration: perfect (around 25% cpu usage)
audio over usb with hw acceleration: stutter
audio over usb without hw acceleration: perfect (around 25% cpu usage).

What point i am missing here? Is there a way to fix it via a specific option in kodi or the config.txt?
Is it "thats the way it is with alsa audio, life with it and switch hw-acceleration on/off when it stutters"?

greets mik
(2015-05-30, 12:54)mikey10 Wrote: What point i am missing here?

A debug log (wiki) would provide the useful information you missed out from your post.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
USB audio disables OMXPlayer acceleration. Can you manually disable OMXPlayer in video/acceleration settings and check if you get the stutter through HDMI?

I'd be interested if a nightly Milhouse build behaves better.
Hello,
I want to use my bluettooth headphone via usb bluetooth dongle, I have paired and trusted the headphones via bluez tools over graphical enviroment. Even I was able to send wav file to heaphoes via aPlay -D bluettoth test.wav command, changing the asound.conf file, but it is imposible to get the audio from kodi,

Could you tell me how are you able to get the audio in kodi via the usb (ALSA or Pulseaudio)?

Thanks
(2015-06-09, 11:42)alvarjo Wrote: I want to use my bluettooth headphone via usb bluetooth dongle, I have paired and trusted the headphones via bluez tools over graphical enviroment. Even I was able to send wav file to heaphoes via aPlay -D bluettoth test.wav command, changing the asound.conf file, but it is imposible to get the audio from kodi,

Could you tell me how are you able to get the audio in kodi via the usb (ALSA or Pulseaudio)?

Not really a kodi question (or relevant to this thread). This is a distribution question, so better asking in Openelec/OSMC/wherever forum.
sorrySadSadSad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pi2 + hw-acceleration + alsa audio => some files stutter0