ATSC Channel Numbers
I'm experimenting with changes necessary to support ATSC <m>.<n> channel numbering. Started by comparing with Confluence skin. I currently seem to have them working. Here are the changes I have made:

Change all occurrences of "ChannelNumber" to "ChannelNumberLabe"l. This affects files DialogFullScreenInfo.xml, DialogPVRChannelManager.xml, DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml, DialogPVRGroupManager.xml, DialogSeekBar.xml, MyPVRChannels.xml, VideoFullScreen.xml, and View_PVR.xml.

The resulting wider channel number overlaps the VideoPlayer.ChannelName and Player.Title elements of the OSD. Changed the <posx> element from 400 to 430 on these two labels in file VideoFullScreen.xml. Reduced <width> element from 720 to 690 for VideoPlayer.ChannelName and added <width> element of 690 to Player.Title.

The OSD changes work fine for 99.9 channel numbering, and should probably work better for 9999 numbering as well. However, I can't test that and I'm not sure about the correctness of the width settings in relation to the progress bar. It doesn't seem like those values were explicitly measured anyway.

I hope these changes are suitable for adding to the official addon. I like the skin quite well and hope to continue using it permanently. Thanks for all the hard work.
-- Steve

"I just wanted a media center, not a hobby!"

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
SW: OS - LibreELEC, Media Center - Kodi 18.5, Skin - Amber, PVR - TVHeadend
Can you do a pull request ? and i'll have a look to see if I can add/merge it

thanks

https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.amber
I haven't done that since I have no experience with Git or GitHub and have not had the time to experiment. I'll try to poke around in the next week or two.
-- Steve

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
pull request submitted
-- Steve

hmm... I may have broken something. Just noticed a change that I didn't see when I initially tested my commits. I think the files didn't load until later, after a restart.

In any case, the OSD is no longer showing the channel number & name with the program name. Was this a deliberate change in your repository that I forked? If so, then I need to remove my position/width changes. If not, I need to figure out what I did wrong.

Please advise.

Edit: Oh, I see, it's moved up there. Reject that pull request and I'll try again.
-- Steve

there were a number of changes to the PVR part as we're getting ready for Kodi 15/Isengard
i'll reject this one.
A new pull request has been submitted. Same changes as before except for the position/width values.
-- Steve

thanks for the work, just for reference, this has been merged and is included in isengard release which should be on the official repo soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATSC Channel Numbers0